Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver RFI

Denver RFI

So I will be moving to the Mile High City sometime this summer for school. I would be very appreciative of any and all information with regard to all things shooting, IE indoor/outdoor ranges, IDPA/Steel Challenge/USPSA matches + clubs, or anything else which I would find useless and relevant outside of those parameters. I tend to not be the biggest fan of indoor ranges, but given the climate I understand that to be an absolute for roughly half the year. I'm all ears, thanks in advance!
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Thanks. Any personal pros/cons with any from the lists?

I live on the Western slope and most of my local month to month shooting is over there. But I visit and shoot on the front range occasionally when traveling through, visiting friends or shooting one of the state/regional matches. I can tell you most of the clubs listed on the USPSA side are pretty squared away. Several host annual level II matches in addition to their monthly ones and have very experienced MDs, staff, etc...

Weld County Practical Shooters hosts the Rocky Mountain 300 annually.

High Plains Practical Shooters is home to the Mile High Showdown.

The Colorado State Championships and the Colorado Multi-gun Championships are currently hosted at the Colorado Rifle Club out in Byers.

Pueblo West has a pretty active club and hosts some pretty big name instructors annually.

I've not shot there personally, but Clear Creek is also reported to put on a good (USPSA) match. I have a few buddies that shoot there pretty regularly during the summer.

Those are a few examples for ya, anyway. For current info, there's also a google group for eastern slope shooting news, match announcements, results, etc...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...forum/ecouspsa

Hope that helps. If ya get out to the western half of the state, drop me a note and we'll get ya fixed up out here.

t

Thanks for that rundown. Much appreciated. I'll be happy to take you up on that offer if/when I meander out there! HPG owes me a special serape, so I may just have to make the drive to collect on it.

Quote Originally Posted by johncorey View Post
    Thanks for that rundown. Much appreciated. I'll be happy to take you up on that offer if/when I meander out there! HPG owes me a special serape, so I may just have to make the drive to collect on it.

Scott shoots at one of our local clubs occasionally. He's a good dude.

JC,

I've not spent much time in Denver, so I can't be much help other than to say, definitely stay away from that Taadski guy!

WILCO!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    JC,

I've not spent much time in Denver, so I can't be much help other than to say, definitely stay away from that Taadski guy!

Yeah, that guy's a fucker! And if you're not careful he might take you to his favorite restaurant...

So, do they serve any regular fucking food?

User Tag List