Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I did it again......

So, I did it again......

Traded a Beretta 92 for a 6" Colt Trooper Mk V. Now why would I get one of these....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Because it's what this guy carried!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Traded a Beretta 92 for a 6" Colt Trooper Mk V. Now why would I get one of these....

JUST when I got the drool stopped, this^^^! I'll admit it - I am SO jealous.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Wait. You....straight traded....a Beretta 92...for a Colt trooper?

Like, no cash? Beretta wasn't a WC 92SD or otherwise touched the hand of God himself?

Honestly, that's not a trade I would have made as I found those to be rather "meh" back in the day. However, it goes well with your battery of Colts.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Now why would I get one of these....
    Because life is short. And that barrel isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Wait. You....straight traded....a Beretta 92...for a Colt trooper?

Like, no cash? Beretta wasn't a WC 92SD or otherwise touched the hand of God himself?
    A police trade in regular Beretta with some Crimson trace grips. The place where it was at, the Colt was a dud and wouldn't sell. They will move the Beretta with the laser to a "Zombie Hunter" much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Honestly, that's not a trade I would have made as I found those to be rather "meh" back in the day. However, it goes well with your battery of Colts.
    Priced them lately.....if you can find one? In their day, one of the better Colt LE guns made. Of course.....Colt was way late to the party, and they got smoked by the Smith L frames. I remember when Colt was practically giving them away for under $300. The have good internals, gorgeous blueing, and I actually like the vent rib with the half ejector shroud. They balance nice. Typical Colt grips suck....I am debating the Colt combat grips or the Anaconda rubber grips. These actually had a good frame for doing various sizes and styles of grips. Compared to the prices Pythons are bringing...these are a great deal.

Another thing I have noticed. I never really liked 6" S&W's and do not have a lot of them. I really like 6" Colt's for some weird reason. The Colts tended to be regarded more as historically target competition type guns where the 6 inch guns ruled the game.

Because it's what this guy carried!
    I was like, Mark V? But that's a pretty good reason. My favorites were the 6" MK III Troopers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Uhhh, a Colt Trooper wouldn't sell at your local gunshop? I need to live where you live...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Those grips are indeed hideous. I normally hate rubber grips of any kind, but this is one time I found the Colt rubbers to be superior. When compared to the old Colt action I never had much use for the MkIII's and V's. I can't believe what they're going for now. However, I always had a hankering for a Lawman. I thought they were cool beans. Not mine, but I wish it was.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List