Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man killed filming shooters

Man killed filming shooters

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    See? Having people downrange during live fire is kind of a big deal.
    3/15/2016

“The area where they were shooting in is an area commonly used as a shooting range,” DeSpain said.
    Informal gun ranges are awesome. I mean that sincerely. But informal gun ranges also mean that a heightened sense of awareness and extreme safety precautions are very necessary. It's unfortunate that this happened, but in an informal range setting it doesn't seem unforeseeable.

Thanks, idiots.
    #RESIST

Does it make me a horrible person because I chuckled a little at the headline?

No need to answer, I know it does
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

*le sigh*
    At long last, we've come to the point where Cooper is finally wrong: we really *do* need a fifth rule.
    *Always be sure that you aren't someone else's backstop when they're not looking"

Seems like the onus would have been on the photographer not to put himself in the position of being in a vulnerable downrange location or position, or at least to have been behind cover.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

There was a Tactical Response rifle "class" where a photographer was standing in front of RIFLES taking footage. While another camera recorded it for YouTube posterity.

Count our blessings Democrat campaign managers aren't savvy enough to broadcast YouTube firearm negligence. Imagine what Sally Q Schoolteacher would think of dudes firing AKs at a guy standing down range.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

At least maybe then we could jettison Yeager from the shooting world to everyone's benefit.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List