View Poll Results: Do you believe that gun metal has "pores" that can "absorb" lube?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YUP

10 15.87%
  • NOPE

34 53.97%
  • Mods here are shit

14 22.22%
  • Insert miserly comment about gun lube pricing here

16 25.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel like a gun lube war?

Anyone feel like a gun lube war?

JUST KIDDING for those that have gun forum PTSD (real thing) and barrel in here to talk endlessly about "snake oil" and the price of Mobil One.

I get the Mobil One thing, I do. Got it on cost, yup. Everything else is snake oil, understood. I'm a chump for not buying automotive oil for my guns, I know.

Anyway, I like convenience and having an aerosol spray can of good synthetic gun oil for $10 is convenient and meets my needs. This shit works well. Royal Purple synthetic gun oil, aerosol for $10 on Amazon Prime.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-12-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    #RESIST

I've used almost a whole can of the royal purple. Sales rep gave me a can a few years ago. Not really impressed. Right now I feel like there is nothing better out there than Lucas extreme duty. Ymmv.
    i used to wannabe

I love the Lucas stuff but...convenience.
    #RESIST

Mine comes to a mailbox too? I also have a needle applicator and can place it exactly where I want it. Everyone is different and you will get all kinds of answers.
    i used to wannabe

I'll have a lube war with you any day of the week
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I love the Lucas stuff but...convenience.
    Convenience I get. Otherwise it is hard for me to imagine that it makes much difference what oil or grease you use on a gun so long as it won't either harm it or burn off too quickly because it is too light. It's not a car engine going 2,000 rpm at high temps and pressures for hours on end.

The important thing is to lube the correct moving parts often enough to keep the thing functioning and pretty much any medium weight lube should work.

I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to lube, but I don't think hosing down my guns with a spray can is a good idea. At a minimum, it's wasteful.

Also, with aerosol cans I always feel like I'm running out of propellent way before I run out of product.
    Last edited by Chris Rhines; 04-12-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I thought he always wanted his guns to use this:

Name:  412dlFb6F3L.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  24.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'll have a lube war with you any day of the week
    Are we still not doing the phrasing thing?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to lube, but I don't think hosing down my guns with a spray can is a good idea. At a minimum, it's wasteful.

Also, with aerosol cans I always feel like I'm running out of propellent way before I run out of product.
    It's not difficult to use on the parts you want.
    #RESIST

User Tag List