Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WC Brig Tac AIWB?

WC Brig Tac AIWB?

I'm thinking of getting into the TDA semi auto game, and the WC Brigadier Tactical certainly tops the list. This would serve a concealed carry purpose and I'm wondering who here (if anyone) has any significant experience carrying this pistol AIWB, which is my preferred carry method. Anybody have any info to share? Thanks!

I typically carry a 92 Vertec AIWB in a 5 Shot SME. I find the 92 series in general to be very concealable because the grip is not that long (P229/G19ish). Weight for me is not really a consideration. I do find AIWB more comfortable then strong side carry for heavier handguns.

I think its kind of heavy but with a good holster and dedicated belt, probably doable.

I gots a bro out here who carries exactly that gun AIWB, I believe in a JM Custom Kydex. Pretty sure he's diggin it because I know he has been running that setup for probably a year now. Maybe he will see this and comment...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I gots a bro out here who carries exactly that gun AIWB, I believe in a JM Custom Kydex. Pretty sure he's diggin it because I know he has been running that setup for probably a year now. Maybe he will see this and comment...
    It was a hard choice for me...Either a beretta 92 variant or the hk P series...

Its all relative; and dependant on personal physique.

For example, there is no way in hell I could comfortably carry one IWB. Too big, too heavy, etc.

OTOH, at an AWERBUCK class some years back there was a young man that was shooting his M9 Commercial from IWB @ 4:00 who was very comfortable with it. And he was a short, skinny guy, but that big pistol simply disappeared under a T shirt. Every time I hear somebody say "Skinny guys don't do well with IWB!", I chuckle to myself and think of that fellow. He was working that rig like a boss every time I glanced at him; a most impressive young shooter.

I've got a Brig Tac. Its an impressive piece, but it is without doubt the biggest and heaviest handgun I own; and that includes my 1911 (Colt WW1 repro). Okay, the 1911 may be an ounce or two heavier, but that Brig Tac is a thick sucker. I wish they had decided against the rail.

My Brig Tac is accurate with an excellent trigger pull and is a very stable platform. But I would never carry it given its weight and size (and my age). That slide is heavy.

Yeah, I'm warming up to it. Easy to shoot, but those G10 stocks (specifically, the left panel) is chewing up my left hand at the pad at the base of my thumb, with the 9mm slide in place.

With the OEM .22 kit on the frame, the gun is- kinda/sorta- orgasmic. A ton of fun, and so far has eaten every different type of .22 ammo I've tried… to include standard velocity stuff. Only gripe is the adjustable rear sight; still shoots a bit high bottomed out. I'm going to replace it with a standard M9 rear.

It actually carries okay OWB; I've got a cheap, Yacqui Slide-like Tagua holster that I've worn with it few times on the range. Not too bad; but then, I wear suspenders too. It would do for a zombie apocalypse/Revolution/etc. piece.

No way for IWB, though.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    When I carry mine it's in a JM Custom holster. Works pretty well.
    3/15/2016

I carried an Elite II, which is a rail-less BrigTac, in a JMCK. I also carried a Vertec/FS hybrid in a Shaggy. Combined use for about a year. They conceal remarkably well, IMO due to relatively short (for a full sized gun) grip and geometry of a slide/rear sight. I used a flush-fit mag basepad. For my preferences, the combination of size and weight was a bit too much.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List