Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems reported with Lipseys Combat Operator 9mm

Problems reported with Lipseys Combat Operator 9mm

Regarding this pistol: http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...mno=SFPE9209LP

I've heard from two other forum members of issues with their guns and mine has not been flawless so a couple of us thought a thread to get this "on the board" was a good idea.

My copy is drop dead gorgeous. It also runs well with no malfs across 450 rounds so far. However, it's ejection pattern was water sprinkler like. Between 400 and 450 rds I started getting pelted pretty consistently with BTF. Also POI was dramatically below POA, and it appeared to me to have a significant vertical stringing of shots that I experienced and another very good shooter replicated; in the range of 6" vertical string below POA at 25 yards.

SA CS was very nice and assisted me with shipping it back to get checked out. It is enroute back to me now and the email notice I got to that effect included notes that they changed the rear sight and adjusted the extractor. It also mentioned a test target would be included with the pistol and I'm anxious to see that as I've not been able to shoot much in the way of a nice 25 yard group with it yet.

btw the trigger pull on mine measure 4.25 lbs on my scale and feels like it. Very nice. The recoil is minimal and it's a blast to shoot.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Sounds like you've been taken care of. Let us know how it performs when you get it back on to the range.

Weren't there problems with the Warren 9MM's after ToddG's report? I remember problems in both finish and function reported on a 1911-centric forum.

I found it funny because I've seen the low end RO's run well in 9MM in USPSA. Oh well, I hope you were taken care of JHC - we'll find out when it's back in your Glock-loving hands.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I had to send mine back due to a broken ejector pin. Pin sheared in half and part of it fell out at the 500rd. mark during an inspection. Sent it back and it was repaired. No issues with ejection or accuracy so far. I've only put 200rds. Through it since it came back. SA paid the ticket both ways so that was a plus.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 04-04-2016 at 11:22 AM.

I'll post later from a computer. On my phone now. I'm getting ready to call and get a Return Authorization for mine.

Ran approx 150 rds yesterday. 124gr ball.

Erratic ejection
    1 stovepipe
    3 failure to return to battery
    Shooting approx 4" low at 10 yards
    Heavy trigger pull for a 1911 but haven't weighed it
    Maybe not an issue but I can feel the entire cycling of the slide like it's in slow motion

Looms great though.

Looks. Not looms.

Is there anyone else who sees the irony in JHC, who appears to be immune to BTF with his plethora of GLOCKs, is getting BTF from a high-ish end 1911? The gods are laughing somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Is there anyone else who sees the irony in JHC, who appears to be immune to BTF with his plethora of GLOCKs, is getting BTF from a high-ish end 1911? The gods are laughing somewhere...
    Oh it darn sure wasn't lost on me!

This warn't no dribbling off the bill of my cap neither. This was wrist rocket action - center of forehead. LOL
    Last edited by JHC; 04-04-2016 at 02:55 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh it darn sure wasn't lost on me!

This warn't no dribbling off the bill of my cap neither. This was wrist rocket action - center of forehead. LOL
    If I had a link to Bruce Willis in Die Hard "Welcome to the Party, pal!" I'd stick it in here now...

There is only one sure fire way to end problems with a 1911. But I'm not here to poke fun at people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List