Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NRA Is Rewriting Fairly Tales. With Guns.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

The NRA Is Rewriting Fairly Tales. With Guns.

From NBC News, via Fark.com:

Happily ever after… with a gun.

That's how the National Rifle Association is rewriting classic fairy tales in a new series for the NRA Family website. And while gun rights advocates see Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother taking on the Big Bad Wolf with a shotgun as empowering, gun control advocates say the series is "absolutely sick" and glorifies gun culture.

The stories are part of an effort to promote responsible firearm use for children while showing how the characters could have avoided some of the classic fairy tale pitfalls if they had a gun.
    Name:  hansel-and-gretel.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  64.4 KB

On a scale of one to "this doesn't really seem like a good idea," I'm giving it a seven.

Thoughts?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The chick appears to be right handed.. So is she cross drawing the pistol? Or maybe she prefers to shoot long guns weak hand? Or maybe this is during a multi gun match and the COF says weak hand shot gun?
    i used to wannabe

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The chick appears to be right handed.. So is she cross drawing the pistol? Or maybe she prefers to shoot long guns weak hand? Or maybe this is during a multi gun match and the COF says weak hand shot gun?
    I didn't even notice she had a pistol. If the woods are so dangerous a child needs a secondary weapon system, I'm not letting my kids leave the house.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    If the woods are so dangerous a child needs a secondary weapon system, I'm not letting my kids leave the house.
    Ha. Reminds me of our parking garage at work, to emphasize slowing down they've got some signs that say "Drive like your kids live here", and I can't help but think "if my kids live in a damn parking garage, I've got bigger problems".
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

With the massive inundation (especially in the public education system) of anti gun propaganda, anything that shows firearms being used in a positive manner, and plants the seeds early is OK with me.

Besides, what if little Johnny, and little Jill, instead of being told "what" to think, start learning "how" to think, and come to their own conclusions, based upon getting information from both side of an argument?

Didn't JPFO do this? I know they had/have comics, maybe they weren't fairy tales.

Anyone remember the 70s cop version of Little Red Riding Hood, Granny had it coming, Woodsman gets cited for not making a warning swing with the axe, Red lays a wreath at the Wolf's memorial service...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Left handed, right eye dominant, obviously.
    Last edited by Dave J; 03-25-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not the greatest read, but I don't see the harm if somebody wants to read it to their kids:

The wolf leaned in, jaws open wide, then stopped suddenly. Those big ears heard the unmistakable sound of a shotgun’s safety being clicked off. Those big eyes looked down and saw that grandma had a scattergun aimed right at him. He realized that Grandmother hadn’t been backing away from him; she had been moving towards her shotgun to protect herself and her home.

http://www.nrafamily.org/articles/20...ood-has-a-gun/

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Red lays a wreath at the Wolf's memorial service...?
    In an interview with the local news station, the wolf's parents insisted that their young pup was just turning his life around and the woodsman had no justification for the excessive use of force. #WLM #stopaxeviolence

Name:  grettel.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  11.1 KB
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 03-25-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Granny holds the wolf at gunpoint and Red ties him up?

"Joker, I've told you, we run two basic stories here at the NRA. Benefactor members who give half their life savings to the NRA--Winning of Hearts and Minds--okay? And combat action that results in a kill."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List