Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane & cruise ship weapons?

Plane & cruise ship weapons?

Anybody got any ideas? Flying into the port and then getting on a ship and headed to the Bahamas. I'd like to have some sort of weapon that didn't cost a fortune if I had to throw it away.
    i used to wannabe

Are you taking a private boat, or going on a cruise? Cruise ships have pretty much the same security checks as airliners.

Walking stick.

Folding knife in checked baggage, probably; not sure about specifics re: Length of blade, means of opening, lock.

Coming back from a shore excursion you will pass through a walk through metal detector and your stuff will go through an X-Ray. Can't comment on qualifications of shipboard security vs. TSA, etc., but Princess Cruise Lines' Security are identifiable by the crossed kukri knives on their shoulder boards...

I got grief in Aruba or Curacao when I carried my Leatherman back on board.
    In Alaska they didn't care, everybody is buying knives as souvenirs. (Well, knife-like objects, most souvenir Ulus are crap.)
    Used walking sticks and had stuff that could make improvised flail in Mexico. In Cabo they checked our bags for food getting off...

UPDATE: Check your cruise lines' web site. If the cruise leaves from a US port the USCG is the guiding authority.
    Last edited by Drang; 03-23-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Carnival cruise line.
    i used to wannabe

Couldn't someone take a steak knife off board whenever you dock? A sheath could be fashioned easily and cheaply using cardboard or newspaper, tape and plastic dental floss, and one could ditch the knife before boarding again. Rinse and repeat at each stop.

I would think it would look bad to get found with a steak knife lol. Maybe my wife had made me watch to many lifetime movies, but a steak knife never means good intentions haha.
    i used to wannabe

Are you talking about on the boat or off the boat?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Are you talking about on the boat or off the boat?
    Never get off the boat.

I'd be wary of carrying weapons through foreign ports into foreign countries unless you have a get-out-of-jail-free letter from the ambassador to that country......
    .....which you won't.

A better idea might be to be aware of weapons of opportunity in your immediate surroundings.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'd be looking at a good, solid, wood cane and knowing how to use it. I'd also take a tactical pen, and a tactical flashlight, of at least 300 lumens to shine in a woodbe aggressors eyes.

User Tag List