Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple Attacks in Brussels

Multiple Attacks in Brussels

News sources are reporting multiple explosions in Brussels, including at the Zaventem airport and a train/subway station. Two different explosions at the airport in the departure areas and at least one at a subway station. The latter is very close to the area where the European Commission offices are located. Casualties have been reported, including fatalities. This comes less than a week after the arrest of a person suspected in the Paris attacks, and Belgium has now upped its terror alert level to the highest level. No doubts in Belgium that these are terrorist acts.

There are also reports that shots were fired before the explosions at the airport and that shouting in Arabic was heard. There are also reports that additional bombs were found at the airport. It is unknown at this time whether these bombs failed to detonate or were there to attack first responders to the scenes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...s-live-updates
    Last edited by farscott; 03-22-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Damn. Belgium was way too tolerant with muslim extremists far too long. And their solution is: pushing for an EU-wide assault weapons ban. Crazy

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Facebook's safety check feature told me a friend in the area was safe. That was welcome news.

Europe's good will must be running thin at this point.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Drudge is amazingly slow on this one....

The naive and dogmatic idea that multiculturalism, opern borders and mandatory welcoming of inmigrants/refugees can only be good for old europe is crashing with reality...

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Drudge is amazingly slow on this one....
    Nothing about Trump, so....

Hopefully, we can change course faster than Europe, call this what it is, and start exterminating those who are trying to destroy Western Civilization.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I blame Trump and the Amish.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I blame Trump and the Amish.
    I blame Cruz and the establishment.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looks like they targeted unprotected part of the airport "outside" the gate. I'd guess that will change; we might see people get scanned curbside.

Trump's let's-take-a-pause-in-immigration doesn't sound so extreme now, huh.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-22-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I'd guess that will change; we might see people get scanned curbside.
    It won't help. The detonation points will simply move too. They may move to the new point, or to train stations, subways, etc.

User Tag List