Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cars!

New Cars!

Excited for my new Subaru Outback. Well, used....it's a 2013, I never actually buy "new" cars. Subaru would certainly be the brand to do it with however, as they hold their value like crazy. It replaces my faithful 2002 Outback 3.0.

Drives really nice. Cruises at 90mph but feels like 45mph because of the CVT. Something I need to watch out for. Can't wait for next year's snowfall to take her out in!

Anyone else get any new cars this year?
    Last edited by TGS; 03-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I am going to be buying a new vehicle in the next few months.

Up in the air about getting my wife a brand new Rogue SL AWD or getting myself something.

I like the XV Crosstrek enough to test drive it, though its just a little too small for my liking.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I just got a used 2013 Honda Pilot. Seats 8 so I can haul the kiddos and their friends to basketball practice. Bucket seats are a little tight for strong side carry though. It should have enough off road ability for the roads I go hunting on too.

Site Supporter
    I bought a new to me BMW 550i MSport. Love it. Comfortable for a long drive and for a four door sedan is an animal in sport mode.

posted in small truck thread but picked up last month

Vending Machine Operator
    I got a 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited two months ago, replacing a 2004 Honda Accord EX.

I loved my Honda, but the Subaru is so much better in the snow it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

What's a new car?

Still rolling along in my 2003 Tacoma and hoping to get another 10 years out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I am going to be buying a new vehicle in the next few months.

Up in the air about getting my wife a brand new Rogue SL AWD or getting myself something.

I like the XV Crosstrek enough to test drive it, though its just a little too small for my liking.
    The XV Crosstrek is super cool looking (at least to me). I test drove it as well. It's just a lifted Impreza, so it's smaller than the Outback but that wasn't a huge deal for me. The Outback drives smoother, is comparable in price, gas mileage isn't an appreciable difference, and has the added benefit of the extra space.

Why not the Outback versus the Rogue?

I could see the XV Crosstrek being a fantastic option for someone with rough, tight roads....like St Croix or other third world/developing islands.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-13-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Vending Machine Operator

New Cars!

I liked the crosstrek, I thought it was super cool looking (dealership had an awesome fully loaded one with blue accents). Sadly, I'm 6'5" and 250 pounds so it was a bit tight.

Notable if you're a big guy like me, I have TONS of leg, knee, shoulder, and headroom in my Outback.

I know it was financially dumb to buy a brand new car, but so is owning 21 guns. I have no kids and it makes me happy, screw it.

Also I was enough of a nerd to pay for a month of Consumer Reports and nearly all Subarus get extremely high marks across the board. Loved my Honda and I test drove and enjoyed a 2016 CR-V but nearing 1000 miles with the new Subie I have zero complaints. It rules. It also gets BETTER mileage with AWD than my Accord got with FWD.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 03-13-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I liked the crosstrek, I thought it was super cool looking (dealership had an awesome fully loaded one with blue accents). Sadly, I'm 6'5" and 250 pounds so it was a bit tight.

Notable if you're a big guy like me, I have TONS of leg, knee, shoulder, and headroom in my Outback.

I know it was financially dumb to buy a brand new car, but so is owning 21 guns. I have no kids and it makes me happy, screw it.

Also I was enough of a nerd to pay for a month of Consumer Reports and nearly all Subarus get extremely high marks across the board. Loved my Honda but nearing 1000 miles with the new Subie I have zero complaints. It rules.

I don't think buying a new Subaru is an entirely stupid thing, considering you are getting a brand new car with a warranty. They hold their value really, really well. To get one in my price range (under $20k), I had to go a few years old and 62000 miles. The only other Outbacks in my price range were older and higher mileage.

Fortunately I found one that is near pristine besides the miles. It's like they drove it 62000 miles in one trip and then sold it back to the dealership....looks perfectly brand new inside. The other one I was looking at was a Limited, a year older with 20,000 more miles, and the interior was apparently used as a dog's chew toy for a Fairfax County firefighter (they had literally just got the car in, hadn't taken his stickers off yet).

User Tag List