Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P250 DAO vs P2000 LEM

P250 DAO vs P2000 LEM

I have a P320 compact that I am trying to get used to and was wondering if the P250 compact might be a good option when and if I ever decide to carry AIWB. Pros include having holsters/magazines/sights for the P320 which can be used for the P250 along with the safety features of having a hammer fired gun to holster. I'm also closely looking at the P2000 9mm LEM as a possible AIWB option.

Is there anyone that has tried both triggers that can let me know if they are similar or offer any opinions on the topic. Thanks and much appreciated!

I'm shooting a P320 in competition and currently carrying a P30. I e been bidding on P250's on gun broker.

The 250 rear sight can't be changed due to design, so if you want night sights be sure and buy a night sight gun. As far as I know holsters, mags, and grip modules all interchange.
    Last edited by Luke; 03-08-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    i used to wannabe

When I shot them both They are not similar to me. LEM is one way and DAO is totally different.

I have carried a P2000 lem for years and want to go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The 250 rear sight can't be changed due to design, so if you want night sights be sure and buy a night sight gun. As far as I know holsters, mags, and grip modules all interchange.
    The above is all true. My only hesitation with having both a 320 and 250 would be that the ergonomics ARE the same. If you had the 320 in hand whilst thinking you were holding the 250, that light trigger break might be a surprise. (this come from someone who, many moons ago, might have been distracted while loading up for a day trip, and upon returning home discovered that he had been carrying a G17 with a G23 mag as a reload. Allegedly)

If the above doesn't apply to you, carry on.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'm shooting a P320 in competition and currently carrying a P30. I e been bidding on P250's on gun broker.

The P250 rear sight can be changed, but it's specific to the P250. There are three heights of P250 rear sight (L, M, and H). Standard SIG dovetail-mounted rear sights (for a P220, P226, P228, P229, P320, etc)don't fit the P250. As far as I know, no one makes an aftermarket option for the p250 rear sight.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Shot with the P250C in .380 this morning...

Name:  p25018022.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  27.7 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I like both. To me the SIG 250 was really smooth throughout the trigger travel, whereas LEM will have a wall that is heavier to pull through than the initial makeup. Id pick up a P2000 LEM in 9mm for AIWB in a heartbeat, but if you are kind of invested in the SIG modules then that makes sense too.

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm clearly super behind the times on the 250. I recall it having a reputation for subpar reliability. Did they finally iron it out?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I'm clearly super behind the times on the 250. I recall it having a reputation for subpar reliability. Did they finally iron it out?
    The first generation P250 had issues. SIG quietly fixed them resulting in the current / second generation guns. I don't think SIG actually acknowledges them as a second generation and by the time the issues were fixed, SIG had lost some big sales and the damage was done. The P250 was also late to the LE game and by the time it was released, many competing long pull DAO autos were being phased out for striker fired guns.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The first generation P250 had issues. SIG quietly fixed them resulting in the current / second generation guns. I don't think SIG actually acknowledges them as a second generation and by the time the issues were fixed, SIG had lost some big sales and the damage was done. The P250 was also late to the LE game and by the time it was released, many competing long pull DAO autos were being phased out for striker fired guns.
    Interesting. Is that why there seems to be major commonality with the P320? Saving as much ROI as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List