Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrassment

Harrassment

According to some research/info I found online the dude recording himself was arrested for 3.5 ounces of marijuana possession, resisting arrest and some summary citation for crossing incorrectly.

I started this thread because I have dealt with this type of thing before, very similar situations where the person in question is 100% doing something illegal and them screaming at the top of their lungs while physically resisting (but not actively fighting) is a tactic to bait officers into committing to a physical confrontation.

"Shopping for a suit" is what this really is, as the video did not show the interaction or actions of the recorder before hand and only showed the officer giving legal commands which the male physically and vocally resisted.

Unfortunately, there are many members of the general public that will watch this and believe the officer "profiled" and "harassed" this person while he was committing crimes.

Where I work, if you are walking down the street recording yourself and you walk against a red light that is a primary offense for a pedestrian disregarding a red signal at an intersection and can also be construed as recklessly endangering other people.

Thread is most of an FYI look at this crap than anything else.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I want human rights
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Unfortunately, there are many members of the general public that will watch this and believe the officer "profiled" and "harassed" this person while he was committing crimes.

Where I work, if you are walking down the street recording yourself and you walk against a red light that is a primary offense for a pedestrian disregarding a red signal at an intersection and can also be construed as recklessly endangering other people.
    Perhaps those many members of the public don't think that marijuana possession or crossing against a signal where it doesn't impede traffic should be criminal offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Perhaps those many members of the public don't think that marijuana possession or crossing against a signal where it doesn't impede traffic should be criminal offenses.
    And those members of the public are very well entitled to their opinion, chances are there were other things that prompted the officer to focus his attention on this particular person. People do not just randomly record themselves before they are about to be stopped by the police, unless I seem to be missing hundreds upon thousands of videos out there.

Also, 3.5 ounces would get you arrested where I work, and its pretty much decriminalized here.

As far as impeding traffic, well, we can't really tell from the video, now can we?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I don't know how you folks deal with this daily. I truly don't, growing up I wanted to be a police officer in the worst way: did the ride alongs and all that awesome stuff. Long story short I went to the fire side and we do interact with LEO's almost daily on ems runs and accidents it's truly sad to see the way that LE is treated now. Everyone is out there thinking that they know the law better than you folks and that you're violating their rights by asking them a question or two.

My hat is off to the men and women who wear that uniform day in and day out, I can't imagine the stress that goes along with that badge. Truly a thankless job.

Joe
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Harrassment

2:30 "he followed me and my friend..." then later "he do this shit everyday" and "I got 13 years in the penitentiary, you can't do this".

Translation: bicycle cop observes known local drug dealer, probably in the course of some "business transaction". Observant cop begins following said dealer, suspect begins getting nervous. Jailhouse lawyer suspect is holding and decides he better figure out how to make a Terry stop look like unlawful harassment so he whips out his cellphone and starts crafting his narrative. His timing is a little off though, so he has to repeat himself ad nauseam while waiting for the cop to make his move. Unwittingly, the dumbass suspect is so wrapped up in his BLM video production that he crosses against a light, giving the cop all the reason in the world to make the stop. The look on his face when he realizes what he's done is priceless.

This is also another perfect example in my opinion of why cops should embrace body cameras.

ETA: ROFLMFAO, I just watched the video again, at :29 he recorded proof that he was crossing against the light. I'm dying.
    Last edited by Rick_ICT; 03-06-2016 at 06:14 PM.

13 years in the pen.... obviously a s-l-o-w learner (for which he'll have to pay the price). [emoji1345]

Sent from my Apple thang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post
    2:30 "he followed me and my friend..." then later "he do this shit everyday" and "I got 13 years in the penitentiary, you can't do this".

Translation: bicycle cop observes known local drug dealer, probably in the course of some "business transaction".
    I believe we have a winner.

As difficult as this may be for people to believe, people often lie about the circumstances leading to their arrest.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post

Translation: bicycle cop observes known local drug dealer, probably in the course of some "business transaction".
    I believe we have a winner.

As difficult as this may be for people to believe, people often lie about the circumstances leading to their arrest.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

BLM started something I like to call Civil Rights for Criminals.
    How do they get this craziness back in the bag?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List