Page 58 of 194 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    I think we are all united here in our appreciation for the constitution, consistent in our interpretation of the importance of the second amendment, horrified by the destruction and violence, and concerned for the safety of our public servants and fellow citizens - particularly the ones who are present on this board, or those who we are friends with and who are going into harms way tonight.
    Shout out to @HALO51 - stay safe, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oakland Mercedes Benz dealership trashed.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1266621712738578437
    That does not look like a protest. That looks like the politics of envy. I am unmoved.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Hope everybody is ok and all our First Responders went home safe, at the end of their shift.

Last night we had a Gas station lit up and looting here in Tampa. The Northeast / Temple Terrace / USF area of town is not really the best place to be.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa...-stores-looted

Morning after live stream of Minneapolis.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Deleted
    Last edited by Trigger; 05-31-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hope everybody is ok and all our First Responders went home safe, at the end of their shift.

Last night we had a Gas station lit up and looting here in Tampa. The Northeast / Temple Terrace / USF area of town is not really the best place to be.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa...-stores-looted
    Seems like the police missed a chance for some Darwinism, and likely reduced looters at the next block party.

From the article:
    Tampa Police had to clear protesters out of the way so fire crews could make their way to the gas station and douse the fire before the flames spread to the gas pumps.

Site Supporter
    Here in Manassas last night they deployed tear gas to the "demonstration" on Sudley Rd (main commercial thoroughfare in town). I've since heard rumors of a planned riot in "Old Town" Manassas today. I'm a mile from Old Town, so this could spill out into my neighborhood or at least affect any travels I might undertake today.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    With your indulgence, allow me to move back to the central issue.

Former Officer Chauvin probably didn't wake up that morning and decide to brutally manhandle a handcuffed man. He probably didn't consciously choose to violate policy and hold a man prone, on the pavement, and slowly choke him to death. But he did do those things. He was physically assisted by two other cops while a third one stood by, glaring at spectators.

That suggests, to me, that such a level of brutality was tacitly accepted by the Minneapolis P.D. That cops who brutalized others in the department were not held accountable.

It would seem to me that there needs to be a painfully frank and honest examination of two questions: How the fuck did we get here? What can be done to fix it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    With your indulgence, allow me to move back to the central issue.

Former Officer Chauvin probably didn't wake up that morning and decide to brutally manhandle a handcuffed man. He probably didn't consciously choose to violate policy and hold a man prone, on the pavement, and slowly choke him to death. But he did do those things. He was physically assisted by two other cops while a third one stood by, glaring at spectators.

That suggests, to me, that such a level of brutality was tacitly accepted by the Minneapolis P.D. That cops who brutalized others in the department were not held accountable.

It would seem to me that there needs to be a painfully frank and honest examination of two questions: How the fuck did we get here? What can be done to fix it?
    It's obvious he broke policy, and obvious that he did things wrong. But it seems the guy might have died anyway. The autopsy seems to suggest that Chauvin didn't slowly choke him to death. We just don't know all the facts, and their manhandling may have been justified about putting him on the ground to cuff. I don't understand keeping him there, and think thats wrong. But we really are trying to judge without all the information.

I disagree that due to one incident there must be a culture of brutality tacitly accepted by the department.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    yes indeed.
    heard lots of reports of cars without plates driving around
    Yeah, that was weird to listen to. Sure, removing the plates from a car makes it harder to identify from a distance, but I feel like it's just about guaranteed to draw the attention of law enforcement, right? Either I'm missing something, or that part of the looter/instigator strategy makes very little sense.

User Tag List