Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

@Default.mp3

What do you think of the L&M installation of an Acro or RMR on a P30?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    @Default.mp3

As another option, I know John Correia of Active Self Protection has had his milk work done by Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ. AFAIK he has significant round count and quite a few classes on his installs and is satisfied. I believe LTT works with them too.

@MinisterMalice.
    David S.

@Default.mp3

To be perfectly honest, I'm probably not the best person to ask, simply because I have zero experience with any other folks and other platforms, so the best I can say is that I've not had any issues outside of a slightly loose rear sight dovetail on one of my ACRO guns (would slowly drift under recoil, remedied with some Loctite 271). Other than that, I abused it quite a bit over the years when I had RMRs on them, and never had an issue that wasn't due to my own error (used an RMR screw that was too long to mount, and deformed the adapter plate, which Mark fixed right up for me); never lost zero, never had the RMRs go out (Type 1s, used the BattleWerx anti-flicker plate about halfway through their lives). Sight picture on the ACROs give using Dawson Precision fiber suppressor fronts and some Ameriglo (I think) Glock suppressor rear puts it at about 1/4th co-witness, so the front sight will poke up to about 1/3rd up the sight picture when centering the dot in the ACRO. Not the cleanest of sight pictures, but not bad either (seen my friend with a DPP on a P320 with DPP height front sights, shit was pretty bad there).

I will say that Mark has always been a pleasure to work with, with excellent comms via email, something that seems to be a rarity in the gun industry.

Co-witnessed:

Dot centered:

Dawson 0.365" front sight. Ameriglo 0.360" rear.

@Default.mp3

Mark installed an RMR on my HK 45C. The work was flawless, as expected, but definitely chunky compared to something like an RMR on a glock, given the overall taller profile of a hammer gun.

Name:  28DCADC9-C86E-4850-8AE2-5A7BBF16D781.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  9FCEBE21-D7CC-425A-BFD5-E38733D0B8B2.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  61.9 KB

Who else has has experience with this — wondering about trying it in a P2000/P30?
    General consensus is positive, the improvements seem especially pronounced for the P series: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-heads...ml#post3467746

I wonder if a RMS could be installed on a P30, and use the OEM height sights as BUIS?

I wonder if a RMS could be installed on a P30, and use the OEM height sights as BUIS?
    If you're going for as low profile as possible, I know Mark has explored the possibility of direct mounting an ACRO, as a buddy of mine wanted to try that route if possible; IIRC, it can be done, but it leaves a void in the slide under the ACRO, which is probably less than desirable for environmental issues.

You would think the P30 and P2000 would be essentially similar in shooting characteristics, or the advantage would go to the P30 because of the full-size grip and modern grip design. Time after time, I definitively shoot the P2000 better than the P30, and enough better that the P30 feels like a whole different design. Only thing I can think of is the flat sides of the P2000. Since the P2000 carries smaller AIWB, this is a happy thing for me.

The P30SK rules them all
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List