Page 75 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    They’ve started breaking windows and shit in downtown Birmingham. Weird thing is there was a white dude with an umbrella cheering on and helping some of the instigators.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Art Acevedo is a scumbag of the highest order.

No surprise from me. That dude was garbage as Austin PD Chief. No doubt he is garbage as Houston PD chief.

Sorry you have anything to do with that guy, man.

Edit: Crowd around the corner from us - they moved onto the highway and are looping back. Fortunately, their departure from the area gave CPD and the University PD a chance to beef up presence in the area. The street they are trying to target is 1-block south of me (and was the scene of some looting last night). It is a major, recently developed, area of the neighborhood. And has a lot of businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    He’s anti gun, so on this forum he is a scumbag.

https://abc13.com/houston-police-sho...chief/5741772/
    He was hired to Austin from a mid-level gig at the California Highway Patrol.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Fayetteville, NC PD stated threats circulating social media about going to residential areas. I live in a rural suburban area but every town between me south to Fayetteville and North of me nearly to Raleigh is pretty much shut down.
    This is correct...we were told they were believed to be targeting LE at their residence...

It’s edgy at a lot of places here. Yesterday a dude was trying to Molotov cocktail a historic building in Fayetteville and he ended up catching himself on fire.

Raleigh, NCSHP and a host of local agencies have been...busy...in and around the Capital. Apparently it’s busy in Greenvillle (ECU).

My wife just got home. Around 200 or so marched in our county...but there was an overwhelming show of force that I’m sure helped ease that situation. Nothing came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I want to kick the heads off the shoulders of half the media right about now.
    Welcome to the club, brother. The initiation is a little rough, but the company is good.

Glad you are still safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, a group of protesters just marched down my street. Thankfully, besides being loud, they were otherwise peaceful. But about 4-blocks away they are looting stores. Suffice it to say, the wife and I just ran through a quick refresher on the firearms in the house, safeties, spare ammo, etc. I staged up some gear as well.

Hopefully none of it will be necessary.
    Chill and watch your back, Rob. Hope the night is both mellow and entertaining.

As a total aside, Mrs and I were at an SPD buddy’s house last week for dinner with him and the Mrs SPD. Comes up that we have a riot division, and he’s in it.

Me: “I didn’t know that we had a riot squad.”

Him: “Oyea. Not surprised you don’t know; it’s never been deployed.”

#mayberry
    #politemethheads
    #puttingthecivilbackincivilunrest

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I actually have a problem with that. Where the fuck does the union get off making that decision? If the chief orders it, as distasteful as they may find it, they damn well should do it. It’s not an illegal or immoral order. Floyd didn’t kill cops. His family sure as fuck didn’t kill cops. We have to do shit all the time that we may not like. Who actually enjoys making sure the KKK doesn’t get their asses kicked at Klan rallies? I know I didn’t but that was the order of the day.
    As already noted, Art Acevedo brings it out in people, especially here in TX. I suspect this is more about him and the mayor than Floyd’s family.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    They’ve started breaking windows and shit in downtown Birmingham. Weird thing is there was a white dude with an umbrella cheering on and helping some of the instigators.
    That last detail about the umbrella is causing a lot of consternation among "protesters" in Minneapolis. They are convinced the fellow is a Saint Paul PD officer.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That last detail about the umbrella is causing a lot of consternation among "protesters" in Minneapolis. They are convinced the fellow is a Saint Paul PD officer.
    Yeah, that’s why I picked up on it. I’m wondering if it’s some kind of recognition thing, or just an interesting coincidence. ETA: not saying I think it was a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    This is correct...we were told they were believed to be targeting LE at their residence...

It’s edgy at a lot of places here. Yesterday a dude was trying to Molotov cocktail a historic building in Fayetteville and he ended up catching himself on fire.

Raleigh, NCSHP and a host of local agencies have been...busy...in and around the Capital. Apparently it’s busy in Greenvillle (ECU).

My wife just got home. Around 200 or so marched in our county...but there was an overwhelming show of force that I’m sure helped ease that situation. Nothing came of it.
    Yea, saw that. "play stupid games..."

I bet. With everything closing south of me, I went to Sanford this afternoon and got there just in time to see it all closing there.

Keep up the great work and stay safe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Him: “Oyea. Not surprised you don’t know; it’s never been deployed.”
    I bet they got deployed tonight, unfortunately. Looking at the photos in the Spokesman, it looked like things were going well until some clowns decided to loot the Nike Outlet (some irony there, I suppose).

If people plan on looting, why not wear a mask in this time of it actually deemed "more-proper-to-wear a-mask-than-not?"

The level of lawlessness is quite depressing. (And it's nothing compared to what is going on in other cities).

Pretty much all moved away from us with that last pass.

Hats off to the professionalism displayed by Chicago’s finest today. And the last couple of days, really.

User Tag List