Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: FN is launching a new pistol

FWIW: I noted some of the patents several months ago when the new "High Power" was introduced. They appear to have dropped all of the Bubits-inspired features, and I suspect the P210/CZ75-lower locking cam is gone too.Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-08 230624.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  74.0 KBName:  Screenshot 2021-11-08 231028.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  21.5 KBName:  Screenshot 2021-11-08 232002.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  17.3 KBName:  Screenshot 2021-11-08 232109.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  16.4 KB

According to FN the hiper is not going to be released in the US. It’s intended for foreign LE and Military only. So hopefully the 509 will not be discontinued.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    It’s not a heel magazine release. So, there’s that going for it.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I was trying to keep an open mind about this one. Then I saw how complicated and how many parts that magazine release has and have to come to the conclusion that this is what you get when you mix the worst aspects of German and French engineering into one pistol.

French speaking Belgian engineer: Let us make a completely different system than what anyone else has used to retain and release magazines because.

German Speaking Belgian engineer: Ja Ja and I will design it so it is full of linkages and tiny springs and roll pins.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-31-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I will never understand what’s going on with FN’s pistol division.
    What pistol division — it has been clear for a decade plus, there is no pistol division.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I was trying to keep an open mind about this one. Then I saw how complicated and how many parts that magazine release is and have to come to the conclusion that this is what you get when you mix the worst aspects of German and French engineering into one pistol.

French speaking Belgian engineer: Let us make a completely different system than what anyone else has used to retain and release magazines because.

German Speaking Belgian engineer: Ja Ja and I will design it so it is full of linkages and tiny springs and roll pins.

I think some of this is just novelty for the sake of having something patentable.
    Basically everything on the market now is a copy of a copy of a copy.
    Some variation on the Glock pattern is competing with some other variation on the Glock, or Glock itself.
    If this thing is targeted at institutional users, then they just got to con a couple procurement officers into throwing these in with the contract for MGs, Rifles and such.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I will never understand what’s going on with FN’s pistol division.
    FN USA designed the 509 and it was the first of the US designed guns to be available internationally unlike the FNX and FNS. Obviously, FNH Herstal in Belgium decided they couldn’t have that.

Belgium knows nobody in the US would buy a clunky Glock wanna be, they saw FN made such huge inroads. Nothing to see here. That stupid tacked on piece of metal on the rear looks like an AR charging handle! They are still trying to figure out why the FN 503 isn’t selling.

Wait, where is the slide release? Is it integrated into the mag release?
    I see what looks like a small but well positioned thumb safety, so is it that block on the back?
    I am so confused the more I look at it.

Name:  9x19mm-FN_HiPer_MRD-Pistol-Black-right-including_options.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  44.4 KB
    #RESIST

User Tag List