Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaceful protests, vehicle fighting, and kiddos

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    This came up in a private facebook group I'm in. I won't be sharing the name of the group, but I imagine a few here are in the same one. Some seriously important stuff to take note of here. Including the mob use of OC and strobes to remove the ability to PID threats individually. Noting the way the police respond is also not helpful - though there seems to be no effective way for individual cops to intervene either. The 4 involved are conceal carrying but don't find themselves in a position to really use that effectively.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1294901716853198850
    And you know they are desperately trying to get someone to fight back. If you are unarmed, they will swarm you and stomp you to death. If you shoot a few, they will have martyrs that will justify their use of additional violence (firearms).

Personally, I think they should call in an air strike. No one in that crowd is an innocent civilian.

@Cory thank you for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Ditto.

Looking at that video made me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ditto.

Looking at that video made me sick to my stomach.
    I feel the same way but as our enemy's tactics evolve so must ours.
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-22-2020 at 05:04 PM.

I feel the same way but as our enemies tactics evolve so must ours.
    Yeah I was just thinking that.

Couple things occurred to me:

- Maybe blend in more. What do Antifa wear? Black, right? So maybe stick a black bandana and T Shirt in the car and dump the plaid short sleeve “this is my CCW” shirt? Add a black bike helmet?

- How about borrowing their use of umbrellas? I know I’ve got one in the door pocket of each car, so maybe grab one on the way out, if you do end up on foot? It could serve to shield against being lit by lasers, and a (very) light shield of some type against projectiles?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah I was just thinking that.

Couple things occurred to me:

- Maybe blend in more. What do Antifa wear? Black, right? So maybe stick a black bandana and T Shirt in the car and dump the plaid short sleeve “this is my CCW” shirt? Add a black bike helmet?

- How about borrowing their use of umbrellas? I know I’ve got one in the door pocket of each car, so maybe grab one on the way out, if you do end up on foot? It could serve to shield against being lit by lasers, and a (very) light shield of some type against projectiles?
    People who are hitting with a bat will simply rip an umbrella from your hands. I've seen that happen with riot sheilds during training, and they were held by some strong guys who really didnt want to let go.

I think the biggest take away is similar to this thread - be somewhere else.

This is an enemy that is organically evolving their tactics. Red strobes in the air to signal targets, radio equipped lookouts and overhead drones to track targets, QRF style mob convoys to envelop fleeing targets. Markings on their vehicles. Bullhorns to direct their forces. OC, strobes, bats, bricks, and other weapons. Knowledge of the law on use of force (or at least an idea of it) helps them bait into violence. It wont be long before targets will be attacked with bottles of HIV infected blood, mucus, fecal matter, and the like.

Without even mentioning their ability to quickly mass and drum up propaganda we can see they are literally an enemy opposing force. Im not certain these crowds are different from foreign "spring" movements or riots.

Personally I think those 4 would have been justified in shooting, because they were absolutely in an AOI triangle. I need to educate myself better on use of force against mobs. If the whole crowd is coming down, it seems difficult to PID an individual threat when the threat is the whole group.

This.

What a shit sandwich.

One possible takeaway—a distant second to “don’t be there”—is to have a light with literally all the damn lumens on tap. Eacb person having a torch from hell would mitigate some of the strobe effect. But, yeah, not a good position to be in.

overhead drones to track targets,Which is an FAA violation, be nice if the Fed's would get on this

It wont be long before targets will be attacked with bottles of HIV infected blood, mucus, fecal matter, and the like.
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...97543810838529

Without even mentioning their ability to quickly mass and drum up propaganda ..... Yes, they have their very own press corp, in fact they have sent C&D letters to Andy Ngo for using their feeds, "showing our movement in a negative light".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

People who are hitting with a bat will simply rip an umbrella from your hands. I've seen that happen with riot sheilds during training, and they were held by some strong guys who really didnt want to let go.

I think the biggest take away is similar to this thread - be somewhere else.

This is an enemy that is organically evolving their tactics. Red strobes in the air to signal targets, radio equipped lookouts and overhead drones to track targets, QRF style mob convoys to envelop fleeing targets. Markings on their vehicles. Bullhorns to direct their forces. OC, strobes, bats, bricks, and other weapons. Knowledge of the law on use of force (or at least an idea of it) helps them bait into violence. It wont be long before targets will be attacked with bottles of HIV infected blood, mucus, fecal matter, and the like.

Without even mentioning their ability to quickly mass and drum up propaganda we can see they are literally an enemy opposing force. Im not certain these crowds are different from foreign "spring" movements or riots.

Personally I think those 4 would have been justified in shooting, because they were absolutely in an AOI triangle. I need to educate myself better on use of force against mobs. If the whole crowd is coming down, it seems difficult to PID an individual threat when the threat is the whole group.
    Faaack.

Do you guys see this type of enveloping attack as being across the country, or is it this capability (drones, Recce vehicles, indirect projectile fire, disorientation strobes etc,) limited strictly to Portland OR?

User Tag List