Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Might be in the market for a new gun, looking for opinions.

Site Supporter
    I own a G19 and 34/35.

If i was in the market hardcore- I would pick the 48 given it gives you a fair bit of familiarity and will carry easier than the 19 in those 15% max times when concealment is really driving the train.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    So it looks like there's a lot of advice pointing toward a 26 or 48. I'm guessing deciding between those two is a matter of which one I shoot better and which one fits my body better for carry, with minor bonus points going to the 26 for having magazine commonality. Are there any other objective differences I should take into account?

Seems like barrel length has a pretty small effect on 9mm velocity from what I've read, but that could be small mark in favor of the 48?

Looks like holsters and lights should be pretty available for either of them.

Site Supporter
    My gut with less than 200 rds thru a g26 and 50 rds thru a G48.

Pros re G 26- Maximum equipment/parts commonality re the G34 you already have
    Perhaps softer recoiling than the G 48 (subjective and limited frame of reference)
    Longer track record re reliability/features/bugs/etc.

Pros re G 48- Will conceal better for most, most of the time.
    Longer grip will likely make it "feel" better in the hand than a box stock G 26 (much less of an issue with +2 or G19 mag.)
    Excellent aftermarket support re sights/holsters/mag pouches etc.

For me, the slimmer 48 means more to me in increased concealment capability.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

@Bio logging on to Pistol-Forum.com:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

i think it would help if you post in the thread about what kind of threads you wear in day to day life and your waist size.

big diff in what i ccw'd, from when i was 155 lbs vs 210 lbs, and when i lived in flipflops vs when i had to wear a suit everyday. and i ccw'd all the guns in op.

also id skip the shotgun and buy a quality 11.5" ar15 w a red dot + flashlight, AR alot easier to use, for kids and gals too, defending your household, and community. smaller when you transport them too.

edit the g26 is going to be easier to hide than the 19/48 length guns strong side, its the length of the grip that will get you made, sometimes you wont even know it until you hear someone gasp
    Last edited by pooty; 03-05-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    i think it would help if you post in the thread about what kind of threads you wear in day to day life and your waist size.

big diff in what i ccw'd, from when i was 155 lbs vs 210 lbs, and when i lived in flipflops vs when i had to wear a suit everyday. and i ccw'd all the guns in op.

also id skip the shotgun and buy a quality 11.5" ar15 w a red dot + flashlight, AR alot easier to use, for kids and gals too, defending your household, and community. smaller when you transport them too.

edit the g26 is going to be easier to hide than the 19/48 length guns strong side, its the length of the grip that will get you made, sometimes you wont even know it until you hear someone gasp
    6' 230lbs. Some fat, some muscle. Pretty wide and tall torso and thick legs. Normal attire is jeans, khakis, polo shirts, Oxford shirts, t-shirts, waffle knit long sleeve shirts. In general, nothing super stylish, but I try to look put together with clothes that fit and aren't especially baggy.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Long Gun Thoughts:

AR15 - AR15 - AR15 - AR15 - AR15.

Hey did I mention buying an AR15. I would buy one ASAP and prioritizes it over a pistol.
    Fine, if you live in a place where they're legal.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Fine, if you live in a place where they're legal.
    Fair. The fact that they aren't legal in some states should drive home the point that they probably should be acquired sooner than later, if legal in your locale.

If not legal - well we know shotguns, lever guns, M1 Carbines, "complaint" ARs, Mini 14s, and even bolt guns can and will all work.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Fair. The fact that they aren't legal in some states should drive home the point that they probably should be acquired sooner than later, if legal in your locale.

If not legal - well we know shotguns, lever guns, M1 Carbines, "complaint" ARs, Mini 14s, and even bolt guns can and will all work.
    Add to that: SKSs.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

join the gssf like right now, as rob advised it will pay for itself. plus you will need more guns for your household, neighborhood and friends. if theyre all 9mm glocks less support gear to keep track of.

buy a snub, find a way to secure it in the car, and learn to carry it in different places, w and without holsters
    aiwb
    aiwb tucked in shirt
    pants pockets
    jacket pockets
    ankle (for driving)
    strongside

in a way that you can draw it consistently, standing sitting, after being tackled etc. theres all kinds of different items & clothing mods to help w this. tyou probly already know this the snub is so easy to carry that youll always have it #1 rule of gjunfight

think about buying another pistol thats the same size as the G19 until your GSSF discount comes in. carry the pistol 3-4 oclock iwb, for sure any of the two fringer grip pistols disappear iwb in that spot.

if im out n about i sometimes carry two guns in the way i described. I know two guns, sounds wack but i can get to the snub with a quickness almost always. a subcompact pistol makes it more a pita to do this safely. with a red dot, not a chance . and with two guns you can hand the snub to your girl. or your bro if he forgot his.

a jframe is a little smaller but at your sz xxl shirt that probably doesn teven matter. the lcr feels easier to shoot

User Tag List