Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1st match.

Thanks brother I’ll try tonight. Thought I bottomed out on holster height but I’ll check. I like the idea of the can’t on it plus on the mag can’t on 1 and 2 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Thanks brother I’ll try tonight. Thought I bottomed out on holster height but I’ll check. I like the idea of the can’t on it plus on the mag can’t on 1 and 2 mags.
    You’re welcome! It does look like you’re at the bottom of your holster/drop attachment. If you cant muzzle forward that’ll bring the butt of the gun down lower anyway.

Also make sure the bracket for your drop attachment is screwed all the way in. It should be rock solid, when belts are new they sometimes don’t seat all the way into the groove of the bracket and need some help.

If you have a clamp or a vise to sandwich them together without having to do it the first time with the screws and mounting hardware that can help.

Do you suggest loctite on the holster screws? Once I find the right spot that is. A buddy of mine said he never needed to.

Do you suggest loctite on the holster screws? Once I find the right spot that is. A buddy of mine said he never needed to.
    Yes. Just no locktite on Ghost pouches. It makes them crack.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Holster or mag pouches? And are you talking about loctite on polymer causing crazing and structural compromise?

Holster screws have a Chicago nut so it’s metal on metal usually.

I use E6000 on most things these days because it resists vibrating apart. I have also put tape over the outside surface of the screws / nuts instead of putting anything on the threads.

I have put a very, very little loctite on a toothpick to threads that contact the nut only (no polymer contact) but usually wind up regretting it because you can’t heat screws in Kydex without melting your holster.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Holster or mag pouches? And are you talking about loctite on polymer causing crazing and structural compromise?

Holster screws have a Chicago nut so it’s metal on metal usually.

I use E6000 on most things these days because it resists vibrating apart. I have also put tape over the outside surface of the screws / nuts instead of putting anything on the threads.

I have put a very, very little loctite on a toothpick to threads that contact the nut only (no polymer contact) but usually wind up regretting it because you can’t heat screws in Kydex without melting your holster.
    I meant the screws that hold the bar that dictates cant and the screws that sandwich the belt that go through the metal plate and the bar that holds the holster. So screw and metal only

I meant the screws that hold the bar that dictates cant and the screws that sandwich the belt that go through the metal plate and the bar that holds the holster. So screw and metal only
    Oh those.

The cant and height ones usually have a locking washer so they usually don’t move and I generally don’t put anything on the sandwich bracket ones as they have long enough threads and tension that I’ve never had those get loose.

If the cant ones do loosen up (mine have) then a little loctite is okay.

Made some last (we will see) changes as per your suggestion and so far it does feel much better.

@newyork

You can go even further with the holster cant if you like. It’s a personal thing though.

Mine is pointing about 25 degrees forward. So like it would shoot 2 feet in front if I ND in my holster.

EDIT: looking more carefully your holster to belt is canted properly but the belt is sloped down with your arms up. Should be fine but experiment around a little.
    Last edited by JCN; 12-26-2021 at 10:09 PM.

User Tag List