Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You're welcome. Have you considered replacing it with an Uberti stalking rifle?
    If I bought that I would have to start dressing better.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If I bought that I would have to start dressing better.
    Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Went down to the LGS to start my background on an M9A1 I bought from GunBroker and they had a very nice H&R Buffalo Classic for $300 so I had them add that to my 4473. But Colorado is a contact state and background checks are taking 2 days.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Went down to the LGS to start my background on an M9A1 I bought from GunBroker and they had a very nice H&R Buffalo Classic for $300 so I had them add that to my 4473. But Colorado is a contact state and background checks are taking 2 days.
    That's the first time I've heard of the Buffalo Classic, but after a quick Google search, I think I'd have a really difficult time walking away from one for $300.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That's the first time I've heard of the Buffalo Classic, but after a quick Google search, I think I'd have a really difficult time walking away from one for $300.
    Yeah. I let one slip through my fingers for about that price a few months ago. I really like the H&R/NEF singles, this will be my 6th rifle and I had to stop buying shotguns because I have a locker full of them.

They also had a classic styled carbine in .45 Colt and I think .38-44 or something like that. I wish the stocks and fore ends were still available.

Finally got to bring it home. Came with the box and all the original front sight inserts.

Name:  H&R.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  47.1 KB

Was down at the LGS selling something to a buddy and they had an H&R Classic Carbine. It looks like the Buffalo Classic above but in .45 Colt with a 16" barrel (I think. Close to there anyway). Price was $250. The urge was pretty strong but I realized any use I would have for it could either be served by my H&R .30-30 Handi-Rifle or be better served by a Rossi '92 if I really wanted a .45 Colt carbine. I'm pretty sure they'll ship if anyone wants to get in touch and get it for themselves. PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

Despite not having any use for it, it's also only $250. I'm a bachelor with no car payments. That's still not a trivial sum of money for me but I can easily afford it. One voice is telling me it's pointless, another is telling me the cool factor is enough for the price. Lets be honest, I have even less use for the Buffalo Classic that I paid $300 for. I have another gun coming in on Monday. If the Classic Carbine is still there I'll probably cave and get it. Not like I can't sell it and get my money back if I come to my senses.

I was at my LGS dropping off some .40 S&W brass and lead bullets for my buddy. So of course I browsed the racks. I found a #1V in .243 Remington wearing, of all things, a Bushnell Banner Lite-Site 3-9X scope. Other than the odd scope for such a nice rifle, the left side of the receiver near the buttstock showed signs of corrosion repaired with some sanding and cold blue solution. The satin-finished stock was gorgeous as was the rest of the bluing. The asking price was $1500 which I believe is too high the condition and scope as a new one from CDNN is $1200. I may go back and negotiate a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I was at my LGS dropping off some .40 S&W brass and lead bullets for my buddy. So of course I browsed the racks. I found a #1V in .243 Remington wearing, of all things, a Bushnell Banner Lite-Site 3-9X scope. Other than the odd scope for such a nice rifle, the left side of the receiver near the buttstock showed signs of corrosion repaired with some sanding and cold blue solution. The satin-finished stock was gorgeous as was the rest of the bluing. The asking price was $1500 which I believe is too high the condition and scope as a new one from CDNN is $1200. I may go back and negotiate a better price.
    With the metal corrosion I would drop the value down to 700 to 800 bucks. #1V models in .243 are a fairly common configuration, now if it was in 6mm ppc or .22 ppc.

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    With the metal corrosion I would drop the value down to 700 to 800 bucks. #1V models in .243 are a fairly common configuration, now if it was in 6mm ppc or .22 ppc.
    I tend to agree, but I do not see the price being cut by that much. It will probably sit on the rack unless one person has to have it. I do not see that happening, so I expect it will be on the rack until the value catches up with the price tag.

User Tag List