Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Yankee Hill Machine

I'm not qualified to comment intelligently on suppressors, but I have dealt with YHM numerous times and have been favorably impressed. I've found the company to be responsive and customer oriented. It is a third generation family owned business.

We bought patrol rifles from them and have been very pleased with them, and I have one of their ARs in .300BLK that I really like.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'm not qualified to comment intelligently on suppressors, but I have dealt with YHM numerous times and have been favorably impressed. I've found the company to be responsive and customer oriented. It is a third generation family owned business.

We bought patrol rifles from them and have been very pleased with them, and I have one of their ARs in .300BLK that I really like.
    Chief, I'd like to further qualify my statement on the previous page for the sake of propriety. I've made the following specific observations of Yankee Hill (YHM) products over the years:

- Their free-float quad-rail handguards were notoriously out of spec such that accessories would not fit properly.
    - On their rifles I have observed:
    -Improper Gas Key staking
    -Lack of or improper castle nut staking

There are certain things I believe should be done certain ways with AR's in terms of assembly and I am passionate that they be done "correctly" because I've seen the catastrophic fallout of them being done incorrectly or not at all.

"Garbage" was probably a bit strong, though.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List