Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago 762 homicides

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Meh. 762 murders in a city of 2,700,000 people.

Baltimore had over 300 in 2016 with a population of 621,000.
    Chicago...

There's nothing civil about this war.

[QUOTE=rojocorsa;546344]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post

It is....

What's his deal?
    Nothing would make him happier than to see the United States burn to the ground. Calling him a communist is an insult to an actual low life communist. His upside down flag stunt just scratches the surface. He'll go on and on about the ills of society caused by white colonialism while seeming to forget the role the Catholic Church played in that part of history. He's the typical white guilt, pandering, race baiting SJW. He just does it from the pulpit of his tax free shelter better known as St Sabina.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It's actually 795 homicides. But more compelling are the numbers shot

http://heyjackass.com/2016-year-to-date-totals/

HeyJackass.com has the best and probably most accurate shooting stats for the city.

4378 people SHOT in the city of Chicago in 2016. 795 homicides across all mode types.
    Wow Thats an awesome site. Very interesting statistics.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Meh. 762 murders in a city of 2,700,000 people.

Baltimore had over 300 in 2016 with a population of 621,000.
    Yep. Nearly one murder a day for the year.
    Since my son moved to downtown Baltimore last summer, I have been following Baltimore PD through various media outlets. Short staffed and overworked like lots of other big city PDs.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Since my son moved to downtown Baltimore last summer, I have been following Baltimore PD through various media outlets. Short staffed and overworked like lots of other big city PDs.
    With the added bonus of a very supportive mayor and D.A.'s office.

Wishing your son good health and safety.

The short staffing and overworking can be directly related to how the country shifted direction under Obama.

As one of many here, we were on the job before Obama took office and saw the trickle down effect from various presidents. When he came in, cut funding for police/local gov and the anti-police bullshit started that's when we started to get short staffed and overworked.

It is turning around, but slowly.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The short staffing and overworking can be directly related to how the country shifted direction under Obama.

As one of many here, we were on the job before Obama took office and saw the trickle down effect from various presidents. When he came in, cut funding for police/local gov and the anti-police bullshit started that's when we started to get short staffed and overworked.

It is turning around, but slowly.
    At the federal level it's always been an appropriations and public relations game. Agencies compete for their piece of the federal dollar and campaign hard within the halls of congress and the court of public opinion. The results are not always what they should be...and the facts aren't always the facts.
    One day there's overtime and money to spend on new toys...the next there's no budget for OT and no upgrades to equipment in the foreseeable future.

The boogieman of the day gets the appropriations whether it's drugs, commies, border security, terrorism or any other encroaching issue. If business is slow you'd better get out there and beat the drums.

It's ebb and flow as regards public sentiment (and policy) toward law enforcement. The pendulum keeps on swinging. And so it goes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    With the added bonus of a very supportive mayor and D.A.'s office.

Wishing your son good health and safety.
    No kidding. No wonder they are recruiting like mad on social media and elsewhere.
    Thanks for the well wishes for my son. He is physically adept, has successfully defended himself with empty hand techniques, and carries OC. No CCW for him because living in a crime ridden city and his chemist occupation do not satisfy the "good and sufficient reason" clause in Maryland's wear and carry permit issuance law.
    He is moving north of the city closer to his job later this year. Just across the line in PA might be a welcome possibility from the freedom standpoint.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 01-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.

As Jeff Cooper said in 1991: "no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition."

That would probably be an enthusiastic estimate for Chicago. Really, other than being used as anti-gun ammo, who really cares about 90-95% of these homicides. I sure as he'll don't.

No kidding. No wonder they are recruiting like mad on social media and elsewhere.
    Thanks for the well wishes for my son. He is physically adept, has successfully defended himself with empty hand techniques, and carries OC. No CCW for him because living in a crime ridden city and his chemist occupation do not satisfy the "good and sufficient reason" clause in Maryland's wear and carry permit issuance law.
    He is moving north of the city closer to his job later this year. Just across the line in PA might be a welcome possibility from the freedom standpoint.
    PA is much better....Even in the left shit holes.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List