Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I am not SME or staff, but I had that exact conversation with ToddG when I took AFHF with him...

Pat
    Just a suggestion, you might want to copy this post over to the 1911 AIWB thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Let's trade?
    Sure.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Our S&W LE slaes rep is stopping by tomorrow morning with a 2.0. A few of the local suburban agencies are sending people to attend the, "Show and Tell Session". I have to admit I'm curious to see this in person.

If there's any questions anyone is interested in, let me know and I'll ask the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Our S&W LE slaes rep is stopping by tomorrow morning with a 2.0. A few of the local suburban agencies are sending people to attend the, "Show and Tell Session". I have to admit I'm curious to see this in person.

If there's any questions anyone is interested in, let me know and I'll ask the rep.
    Thanks for the offer. Probably nothing new here, but if you have the chance, I'd like to know about 25 yard and beyond accuracy potential, auto-forwarding (fixed?), whether the new slide release provides additional strength and eliminates breakages, if the new frame rails were intended to provide extra durability or frame rigidity or something else, and any subtle improvements not being widely reported on. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So in return for a fully tensioned striker the M&P gets a mediocre trigger?
    My take on the trigger "quality" is it's exactly a trade off for a fully tensioned striker. They could make it a 4 pound trigger that functioned more like an Apex FSS but then you'll end up with a whole lot of ND's and holes in people who are habitually sloppy with their safety practices.

As a compromise you get a fully cocked striker with a crunchy, spongy longer travel trigger as compared to someone's ideal.

I haven't messed with H&K or SIG's striker guns but Walther apparently said screw it and put a very nice trigger on their's. For me it's way too light and short travel for a gun with no manual safety.

Ask them if S&W has fixed the accuracy and quality issues that plagued the legacy M&P 9 FS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ask them if S&W has fixed the accuracy and quality issues that plagued the legacy M&P 9 FS.
    Their answer would be, "What accuracy and quality issues? There's nothing wrong..."
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 01-11-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Their answer would be, "What accuracy and quality issues? There's nothing wrong..."

If the rep did say that, it would make it hard for me to believe anything they then said.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ask twice.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I doubt he'd comment publicly on what the Army found wanting in the M&P, but I'm curious to know how the 2.0 materially differs from the XM17 entry.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List