Page 55 of 189 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now that I have my Gen5 and can use my Gen2.5 for range use and quals, I may actually consider, (having sold some knives recently), getting a "spare".
    Of COURSE you need a spare. And yes, they are pretty.

I will likely soon buy two Gen5 G26s, because having just one will bother me to no end. These will supplement my two G45s as my Gen5 working stable expands. After that I may need two Gen5 G19s, because...you know...filling that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They're not pretty?
    Right in there with a lump of coal . . .

Now 1911s, well, yes, they can be elegant. A bit of engraving, a touch of ivory (my previously posted retirement gift, from me to me):

Attachment 56324

But reliably functional? Can't beat an ugly Glock, certainly not for the price. And as much as I dislike my G26.5's thickness, it's a darn fine shooter.

The thickness / coalness is what sets it apart shootability wise for me. Been wearing since the social unrest started.

Now and then I think of getting a g19 vs 45 vs 17. Traded off my 19 bc it never got carried. Hard to justify another when the 26 is so capable.

I finally got to shoot my replacement G26 today. It was my first live fire session since all the COVID-19 stuff kicked off. I shot a couple of groups at 25y and could only hit my 8.5”x11” B8 half the time. Then I noticed I had installed my front sight crooked. I decided to spend the rest of the range time closer to the target where the cockeyed sight would have less of an effect. I found my 7y F2S and SHO draw times to be consistent with my G19 times, with a similar level of accuracy. Considering how long it’s been since I’ve fired a live round, that was satisfying. Scored a 95 and 92 on the Five Yard Roundup and then a 278 on the Advanced Super Test. I also dumped a couple of rounds into the backstop as fast as I could pull the trigger to check my max speed possible splits as I was curious and had never done this with a G26. A blazing fast .21s average. That’s consistent with other guns I’ve tried. I can’t really seem to move my trigger finger any faster than that. I think I’ve only fired a sub .20s split once ever.

I used a 10rd G26 mag with a flush baseplate, a 10rd G26 mag with a +0 Pearce pinky extension baseplate, a Magpul 12rd Glock 26 mag, and a 15rd G19 mag. I only fired 120 rounds but experienced no stoppages, even with the Magpul mag. I was using brass cased ammo though, not steel or aluminum cased. When I got home I removed and reinstalled the front sight. It looks straight now. I’ll try some more 25y shooting next time I hit the range.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I'll be in my bunk...

I shot my like new early Gen 5 26 today — no forward serrations or breech face cut. It fed fine, although I had the sensation of brass flying erratically in my peripheral vision. Will try it again, and if it continues, trade for a new one. I am spoiled by how current Gen 5 pistols huck the brass out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Has anyone installed a RDS on their G26? I found out I get a veteran rate with Leopold and the price for a Delta Pro is very economical. I read somewhere on the web there is a G26 MOS but it was military only so now I'm looking at a Gen 5 19 MOS. Or a Gen 5 26 and get it milled. Or wait and see if Glock releases a G26 MOS.
    I've been eagerly waiting for a gen 5 26 MOS...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    I've been eagerly waiting for a gen 5 26 MOS...
    Is there any indication that Glock will make a 26 MOS?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Has anyone installed a RDS on their G26? I found out I get a veteran rate with Leopold and the price for a Delta Pro is very economical. I read somewhere on the web there is a G26 MOS but it was military only so now I'm looking at a Gen 5 19 MOS. Or a Gen 5 26 and get it milled. Or wait and see if Glock releases a G26 MOS.
    Here's mine, done by Maple Leaf Firearms. They added the front serrations and deepened the rear ones. This was before the new model with front serrations became available.

Name:  20200206_002316.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  90.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Here's mine, done by Maple Leaf Firearms. They added the front serrations and deepened the rear ones. This was before the new model with front serrations became available.
    I stumbled across their website yesterday while searching for G26's with RDS. Do you carry it appendix? What holster?

Some days I think I want a G26 with an RDS, then other days I think I'm ruining the "smallness" of a G26 if I get it milled for an RDS and should buy a G19 MOS(and have the grip chopped). Like a bayonet on an NAA .22 -- sure, you can do it, but now you can't drop it in your pocket.
    Name:  NaaKnife.jpeg
Views: 772
Size:  13.0 KB
    Last edited by Blades; 06-27-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    --Jason--

User Tag List