Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's your ratio?
    I cannot accurately say, but when I started I think I did like 10:1 and it was too think (IMO) so I kept diluting until I thought it was right. The next time I did it (passed along my first bottle to a good friend) I just went for the color match.

Site Supporter
    Pleased with APP for removing crimps from 556. I am bulk processing 223-556 brass.

Just got notice that Brownells shipped my swager and collator, but still has the actual APP backordered. The younger me would be pissed, the older me just figures it will not all hit the CC on the same pay cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Pleased with APP for removing crimps from 556. I am bulk processing 223-556 brass.
    Are you processing mixed brass or is it all the same headstamp? How consistent do the pockets feel when seating the primers?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Are you processing mixed brass or is it all the same headstamp? How consistent do the pockets feel when seating the primers?
    Yes all kinds of mixed brass - every 223/556 imaginable. Pockets are good - I have one Specific group of 556 that is hard to Seat even after processing - I am tossing those in trash. Still much better results than other decrimping techniques I have tried

Yes all kinds of mixed brass - every 223/556 imaginable. Pockets are good - I have one Specific group of 556 that is hard to Seat even after processing - I am tossing those in trash. Still much better results than other decrimping techniques I have tried
    What else have you tried?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What else have you tried?
    223-556 is only thing I load in volume anymore with crimped primer pockets. I do majority of my loading on Dillon 550s and I also have a RCBS single stage press on the bench. I bought APP just for decrimping 556 and probably will only use for that purpose.

Primer pocket uniformer?

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-04121...107918&sr=8-15
    #RESIST

223-556 is only thing I load in volume anymore with crimped primer pockets. I do majority of my loading on Dillon 550s and I also have a RCBS single stage press on the bench. I bought APP just for decrimping 556 and probably will only use for that purpose.
    Sorry. I meant what other methods of crimp removal?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have some versions of the primer pocket cutters and I find them slow. I have lots of 223-556 brass so problem brass goes into the trash

I also have the Dillon tool but I prefer the APP. I have the RCBS decrimp tool for single stage and it is clunky to me

User Tag List