Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cognitive Conclave - Red Hill Range, GA - 4/29 & 30, 2023

Cognitive Conclave - Red Hill Range, GA - 4/29 & 30, 2023

Cognitive: of or relating to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.

Erick Gelhaus, John Hearne, and Lee Weems team up to offer this unique learning opportunity with a heavy focus on the cognitive application of the pistol.
    There will be sessions with all three presenters as well as break-out sessions.

Equipment list:
    Pistol, holster, and magazines (three if 10+ rounds, five if -10 rounds)
    Safety gear to include hearing and eye protection and a hat with a brim or bill
    500 rounds of ammunition
    10 dummy rounds
    Comfort items such as snacks, drinks, chairs, etc

This is not a “basic” or “fundamentals” class. Students are expected to be able to safely present their pistol from a holster, shoot, and safely return the pistol to the holster. Ideally, students will have already trained with Erick, John, or Lee or with schools such as Rangemaster, Handgun Combatives, Gunsite, etc.

Tuition includes range fees and Eventbrite processing fees.

To purchase ammunition through the range, contact red.hill.range@gmail.com.

The closest hotels are in Lavonia. The hotels in Commerce have more amenities around them. Red Hill Range is roughly equidistant between the airports in Atlanta and Greenville.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cogniti...s-484870228907

This sounds like a great opportunity. Can you provide any more specifics about the course?

So, the three of us are the TacCon/Rangemaster Chess Club - think of Craig, Cecil, Chuck, & others as the wrestling team.

There will be some, but not a lot, of classroom material from each of us. The research & science behind the work we believe to be important. Subsequent range work, most of the weekend, will let everyone apply the material. Work will be scored, graded but not in ways many are used to currently.

If you have looked at or listened to Hearne's Who Lives, Who Dies, & Why and/or my Ready Positions & Better Outcomes presentations you'll have a good idea of the foundations of this. Expect different types and arrays of targets.

With the exception of one or two things, this is not an event people can or should practice for. Come, get exposed to some things, try them, and learn from repetitive & demoralizing failures as Pat Rogers would have said.

This is going to be fun and enjoyable and we all think educational too.

Bump. We are currently three registrations short of the minimum.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Purchased ticket.

Site Supporter
    Registered and ticket purchased!
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    Ticket purchased.

Thank you to the last three for getting the class across the line. Looking forward to this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Thank you to the last three for getting the class across the line. Looking forward to this.
    I'm a little worried I might be in over my head on this one, but I'm so intrigued by the class description I couldn't pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm a little worried I might be in over my head on this one, but I'm so intrigued by the class description I couldn't pass it up.
    You're gonna be fine.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List