Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Riots have already began.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Riots have already began.
    Where are you hearing of them, LL?
    Not seeing any indications locally in the western section of St Paul. Of course, the Tornado Sirens just sounded a few minutes ago, so 70 MPH+ winds might put the kibosh on street festivities.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    What he was being investigated for has absolutely nothing to do with his behavior leading up to being arrested, or the amount of violence he used in resisting. Maybe you're in a sheltered part of the country, but...
    I think you should tone it down a little and drop the hostility towards one of our resident prosecutors who probably didn't mean the statement in the way you're reacting to.

And, at the very least, LB is not only on the same team but also a respected forum member, and you should act accordingly by asking him to clarify before going off half-cocked.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I agree that what can be perceived as "minor calls" can often turn into something else. For example, I once almost shot a guy over what started as a "Barking Dog Complaint" call.

However...

I can't help but think there are squared away police trainers all over the country watching this video and yelling "What the fuck are you DOING?!" at the screen.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    What he was being investigated for has absolutely nothing to do with his behavior leading up to being arrested, or the amount of violence he used in resisting. Maybe you're in a sheltered part of the country, but in the cities, it's pretty common for dumbshits to successfully escalate "hey, stop walking in the middle of the street, get on the sidewalk" up to resisting arrest and assault on an officer. They're not high, drunk, or crazy, they're just dumbshits.

BONUS ROUND FOR LE: Why are you walking in the middle of the street?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    A: Because you want me to walk on the sidewalk, motherfucker!
    As a prosecutor of criminal offenses for a living, I am well aware.

Something can be an aggravating factor without it being decisive of wrongdoing/criminality. The fact that they weren't even investigating a violent offense that would have warranted any level of forceful initial response or preconceived use-of-force mindset is, in my opinion, further aggravating a complete clusterfuck of improper training. Your opinion may differ.

If you have any information that this particular individual escalated the encounter, feel free to share it. I was opining on this instance and these particular facts, not custody and control of defendants generally.

I am not especially a fan of "'Maybe you're in a sheltered part of the country" by the by. I've worked multiple murders of adults and children as well as many use of force events up to and including multiple officer involved shooting incidents. You can disagree without condescending. I am not offended, just a general pointer for civil discussion.

Edit: As a few other members pointed out I am decidedly team-LE, being a prosecutor and having a dad, brother, mom, and grandfather all in law enforcement. Incidents like this raise my hackles so hard precisely because they further poison the well when the public is already so inclined by an all-too-eager provocateur media to hate law enforcement.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-26-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I can't help but think there are squared away police trainers all over the country watching this video and yelling "What the fuck are you DOING?!" at the screen.
    Were you eavesdropping on me?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Where are you hearing of them, LL?
    Not seeing any indications locally in the western section of St Paul. Of course, the Tornado Sirens just sounded a few minutes ago, so 70 MPH+ winds might put the kibosh on street festivities.
    https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27929

#RESIST

Got it, thanks. Will be listening in.
    (Tornado hasn't happened so far, thankfully.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They’re attacking the police station. At least one police vehicle has been breached and weapons stolen.
    #RESIST

Vending Machine Operator
    That got bad fast. Stay safe ladies and gentlemen.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List