Page 76 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Decided to risk getting killt in da streetz today and carried my old carry gun, a M10-8 worked on by the S&W Performance Center. Did a few drills, including a Five Yard Roundup that went 98-3x well within time limits and some shooting at 15 yards with no problem staying in the ten ring both single- and double-action, at 68 I'll take it. I wish my bottomfeeders were as easy to shoot as this revolver. I only went through about 80 rounds due to heat and interruptions, I add fired brass to that bag until I get enough to throw in the tumbler.

Name:  IMG_0011(1).jpg
Views: 364
Size:  75.0 KB

Not today but Tuesday ran some more rounds through my Ruger 5" revolver in 10mm. Very enjoyable middle weight weapon. Shooting target loads from S&B building up a brass supply. Add pics tomorrow as we have out of town guests at the moment.

Finally got all my stamps in for my SBR. Just need to put a sling on it and it will be finished.

Also shot my issued 43, and put my 19X/RMR upper on a 19.5 frame. Checked zero with 5 shots from 15 yards:

Shot this yesterday, company visiting, first chance to post.5" 10mm 22 yds from a Weaver stance with 1.75" C to C. This gun is beginning to call my name. First 10mm of any type that I have ever owned.
    I went to a Match Champion wood grip and that has helped the groups to tighten up.

Today I shot my toaster.

I hung the fucking thing by its cord and executed it. I have no regrets doing so.

Fourteen rounds of Federal 147 grain FMJs out of the 5906 was all the ammo I was going to expend on this task. I figured it deserved the same undignified fate as the last slice of bread I placed in it, so off to meet its maker* it went.

I now have a new toaster, but I reckon I’ll end up shooting that one someday too.

*Figuratively speaking. The “maker” was probably some sweatshop in China.

Autopsy Photo

Along with practicing my small appliance marksmanship, I sighted-in my Midwest Industries offset BUIS that I installed on the rifle last winter. Turns out they were dead-nuts on windage, and only needed one click of elevation at 50 yards.

I then moved to the rifle range and engaged a 30-inch round steel target at 480 yards with the Leupold 2.5x20 optic (plain duplex reticle). Once I determined my hold-over on the bench and was hitting it regularly, I went into an unsupported prone and was able to hit the plate at least half the time (should have brought the bipod).

Fun day at the range, I really need to get there more often.

Shot my .224 Valkyrie, sighted in new Magpul Pro sights. The guy a couple of lanes down let me shoot his Marlin 45-70, a first for me, very awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I hung the fucking thing by its cord and executed it. I have no regrets doing so.

Fourteen rounds of Federal 147 grain FMJs out of the 5906 was all the ammo I was going to expend on this task. I figured it deserved the same undignified fate as the last slice of bread I placed in it, so off to meet its maker* it went.

I now have a new toaster, but I reckon I’ll end up shooting that one someday too.

*Figuratively speaking. The “maker” was probably some sweatshop in China.

Autopsy Photo

Was it a motherfucking decepticon?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Was it a motherfucking decepticon?
    Weird thing is, I put its remains in the garbage can late yesterday afternoon and this morning it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Weird thing is, I put its remains in the garbage can late yesterday afternoon and this morning it was gone.
    Hmmm, I better call Megan Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List