Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LTT Beretta 1301 shotgun ejection problem

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    You’re explaining this great but I’m too dense to follow it. Last picture attached that I think shows what your referencing.
    Picture is exactly what I was describing. The ejector should look just like that.
    3/15/2016

Hammertime
    @Snidely Whiplash

You are doing everything right. Please report back. In my experience with a couple the 1301 is dead nuts reliable with all sorts of ammo and a delight to handle and shoot. Don’t second guess the purchase.

Also in my experience, Beretta is an awesome
    company to deal with if something isn’t right. They will fix it. Langdon is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post

As for stripping the gun and reassembling, make sure the barrel, foregrip, and endcap are in place and tightened down.
    ……
    I’ve now drawn a witness mark on the endcap to ensure it’s fully seated after every tear down.
    You’re not kidding. My handguard adaptor is really finicky about fitting into the front of the Zhokov handguard. I have to push my handguard forward and get the adaptor seated then slide the adaptor over the magazine tube to keep it lined up before sliding both back and installing the magazine extension. If I’m not paying attention the adaptor doesn’t seat right in the handguard and it’s not immediately noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Was the shotgun properly lubed or was it bone dry?
    I lubed it pretty liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Picture is exactly what I was describing. The ejector should look just like that.
    Thank you for verifying that it looks OK. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    @Snidely Whiplash

You are doing everything right. Please report back. In my experience with a couple the 1301 is dead nuts reliable with all sorts of ammo and a delight to handle and shoot. Don’t second guess the purchase.

Also in my experience, Beretta is an awesome
    company to deal with if something isn’t right. They will fix it. Langdon is similar.
    I talked to Langdon today. Some of the the rep’s comments echoed those who posted here. Basically we agreed that another trip to the range is in order and I still plan to follow the game plan I posted a couple of messages above this one. I’m hopeful for tomorrows time at the range, but I think my 54 year old shoulder is a little reluctant for 50+ rounds of slugs again. 😀

Thank you for your encouragement about the shotgun. I really hope this gets resolved and I’m as happy with my shotgun as most here seem to be with theirs. It perfectly fits a very specific role for me but I need it to be reliable.

I think all your ammo is BAD… send it to me and I’ll dispose of it properly!!!

Fifty rounds of #LEB127DPRS Federal LE Tactical TruBall Deep Penetrator Rifled Slugs (1350 fps) this morning and zero issues. I ran the shotgun as fast as I could given the indoor shooting range’s “one second between shots” rule. It’s a long way from my even considering this for an HD role but this is certainly a step or two in the right direction. Three malfunctions within the first sixteen rounds fired, but now eighty-four rounds fired without issue.

The ammo I used on my first range trip was #PB127 DPRS Federal Vital-Shok 1 oz Deep Penetrator TruBall Hollow Point Rifled Slug (1350 fps) and, according to Federal, it is the same shell as the #PB127 DPRS I was using today but my cases of ammunition were made about a year apart and they do have different color hulls. I don’t know if they are run on the same production line but given it was all I had I figured it might be different enough to at least determine if my issues were ammo related or not. Since, with a lot of help from users here, my extractor and ejector seemed to look OK, I’m wondering if I don’t have a case of ammo that might have some issues. I’ll run some of the suspect ammo in a known reliable shotgun later and see if I experience more problems with it. As best I can recall it was purchased / manufactured in the middle of the worst of the Covid era.

As it stands now I’m hoping to be back at the range this coming Monday or thereabouts with another fifty or so rounds to confirm zero on the Aimpoint and zero the CROM iron sights.

Glad your on your way to sorting out the problem!

Do you have another semiautomatic to test the bad shells and see if the problems follow them? I wonder if you could replicate the problem.

I’m wincing more for your wallet than your shoulder. Those shells are not cheap.

I’ll run some of the suspect ammo in a known reliable shotgun later and see if I experience more problems with it.
    I would suggest, now that you have a good run with reliable ammo, that you run some of the suspect ammo in the 1301 again. Seems like if it still has an issue you can be looking at the ammo instead of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Glad your on your way to sorting out the problem!
    Thanks, so am I. I’m feeling much better about things than I was a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    Do you have another semiautomatic to test the bad shells and see if the problems follow them? I wonder if you could replicate the problem.

I’m wincing more for your wallet than your shoulder. Those shells are not cheap.
    I have a Benelli M4 that’s been 100% with any slugs and buckshot I’ve put through it. As to price, you are not kidding. I have several cases on hand with an average price per shell of about $1.18 or so. The range had some standard Federal slugs they were selling for $13.00 per box for range use. Not a mistype - $13.00 per box….. $2.60 per round. I’ve paid less for Brenneke slugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I would suggest, now that you have a good run with reliable ammo, that you run some of the suspect ammo in the 1301 again. Seems like if it still has an issue you can be looking at the ammo instead of the gun.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I’ll work it out so that I have at least another 100 rounds or so through the LTT 1301 before I start to get comfortable with its reliability. Since it’s running good with the Federal LE ammo I’ll probably stick with that for a while. I am curious to run the “suspect ammo” through a known reliable shotgun.

I am curious to run the “suspect ammo” through a known reliable shotgun.
    The more I think about it, there could be an issue with a few of the shells in the new batch, they are mass produced in larger quantities more so than the shotgun.

But I have two 1301s and a 391 that I ran like I stole it for years (probably >10k rounds) and none of them have ever missed a beat, so I wouldn't start sweating it until it bobbled on another batch of ammo.

User Tag List