Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun AEMS Optic

Site Supporter

Holosun AEMS Optic

New Micro RDS sight from Holosun. Looks to be more carbine oriented. Has dot, circle dot and circle only reticle options.

Name:  603139DF-4BA3-4701-9BCA-EC8010166569.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  000EDDFB-7361-4F58-B834-5A353ED75082.jpg
Views: 3458
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  3182AC21-1598-4EF6-ACD9-959CA1109193.jpg
Views: 2372
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  9D0BB247-5956-4761-85D8-7954E6244B5C.jpg
Views: 3249
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  B00E147F-09FB-4ABF-BDE7-5F55195623E2.jpg
Views: 2148
Size:  28.8 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-01-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  F67A3963-060F-489C-A07A-992688AAEC0E.jpg
Views: 2133
Size:  36.0 KB

Subscribed for interest. It looks like a really useful and functional optic, if it is as described.

Generally speaking, how are the rifle-centric Holosun offerings holding up with time & use?

I could easily see grabbing myself a Vortex UH-1 based on futzing with one in a retail shop; and I like the EoTech EXP-2 and -3 examples I've examined (but don't intrinsically trust them, plus my P-F heroes tend to hate on 'em).
    I am told that the Vortex unit is US made, too.

I've also messed with the Holosun HS510c, and rather liked the view and overall footprint, but am somewhat put off by the number of failed units I've heard about.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I could easily see grabbing myself a Vortex UH-1 based on futzing with one in a retail shop; and I like the EoTech EXP-2 and -3 examples I've examined (but don't intrinsically trust them, plus my P-F heroes tend to hate on 'em).
    I am told that the Vortex unit is US made, too.
    I don't see the UH-1 and EOTechs being comparable, due to size and differing technologies. The AEMS is an RDS, while the UH-1 and EOTechs are HWS; I'm not really sure what the draw of HWSes are these days outside of niche uses like passive use under NODs or specifically for pairing with a magnifier. The AEMS will have much better battery life, and can be left on like an Aimpoint, particularly with the ShakeAwake feature. That being said, I'm curious as to the mounting footprint; if it's proprietary, that would probably limit its draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I don't see the UH-1 and EOTechs being comparable, due to size and differing technologies. The AEMS is an RDS, while the UH-1 and EOTechs are HWS; I'm not really sure what the draw of HWSes are these days outside of niche uses like passive use under NODs or specifically for pairing with a magnifier. The AEMS will have much better battery life, and can be left on like an Aimpoint, particularly with the ShakeAwake feature. That being said, I'm curious as to the mounting footprint; if it's proprietary, that would probably limit its draw.
    Fair enough, and you are of course correct about them being differing tech*. I included them because the view area and targeting displays are becoming so similar between the two systems.

*I understand that the UH-1 has battery life more comparable to an RDS, but still nowhere near Aimpoint numbers.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    *I understand that the UH-1 has battery life more comparable to an RDS, but still nowhere near Aimpoint numbers.
    Not to derail the thread but my second generation 2 UH-1 is going back to vortex under warranty for phantom battery drain. The first went through a cr123 in a week while powered off, the second took about a month before the battery was dead

Site Supporter
    Not much info on these yet but I believe Steve Fisher mention it’s a proprietary mount.

Looks interesting, but that mount is a no go. I prefer absolute co-witness, not lower 1/3.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I feel like HWS offer a really generous eyebox esp vs older tube design RDS sights which is an advantage. They're also just kinda cool. But yeah I don't own any right now for a reason...

I will give one a try. I have a few guns that need rationally priced optics.

User Tag List