Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your ideal pistol

Your ideal pistol

I will put this here because it is a conditional what if question and has no bearing in the real world and therefore shouldn't be in a real forum so...

If you could use one handgun and be 100% assured of its quality (meaning it will 100% hold up to its service life parameters and continue running assuming maintenance was/is performed) what would it be and why?

Mine would be a Sig P226 E2 9mm (E2 grips, SRT, and Short-reach trigger along with Trijicon HDs).

It has been proven that a properly assembled 226 is an extremely reliable platform and the SRT system just makes this , to me, one of the most shootable pistols available. Coupled with the safety of DA/SA, I feel that it is hard to beat this set up. It may take more focused training to gain proficiency in the DA/SA platform, but I feel that the added safety gained through a deliberate first shot is worth it. You have to mean to pull the trigger and it may save you you alot of heartache and legal trouble if you end up in a questionable situation.
    Last edited by WDW; 01-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Gen 3 Glock 19

S&W M&P9 w/ambi safety and Apex Duty Kit, RMR RDS & BIS, aggressively stippled grip and frame, 10-8 base plates on mags; I'll take 2 or 3 of those and won't need much else in the way of handguns...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    S&W M&P9 w/ambi safety and Apex Duty Kit, RMR RDS & BIS, aggressively stippled grip and frame, 10-8 base plates on mags; I'll take 2 or 3 of those and won't need much else in the way of handguns...
    You forgot the Apex/Barsto barrels.

While I don't necessarily shoot it better than some other choices, as the question is posed, it is pretty easy for me -- an HK 45.

Gen 3 RTF2 19 or 17.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Out of the guns I have significant(ish) trigger time with? SIG P229R in 9mm. I shoot it better than either a 1911 or Glock.

HK P30 V3 with Heinie Straight Eight Qwik with top seration painted metallic orange. Large lateral panels and small backstrap

Reason: Proven track record with myself and others whose opinion I respect. DA / SA provides the best safety solution for my method of carry (AIWB). I can place rounds into a 3x5 card out to 25 yds 2H, SHO, and WHO. I shoot a sub 6 sec FAST, with a 5.23 being my best so far. Seems like good justification to me
    Taking a break from social media.

"DA / SA provides the best safety solution for my method of carry (AIWB)."
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try an ergonomic safety like on a 1911, M&P, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try an ergonomic safety like on a 1911, M&P, etc...
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try a thumb on top of a hammer in the down position where the weapon is realistically incapable of firing, even if something mechanical were to fail or not be fully engaged.

Many hammered DA weapons can also have a manual safety equipped, with an assortment of them being ergonomic.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List