Page 30 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Just one. Im still sorting the car out. It has pretty much sat neglected all this year. Prior to this video I only had it out once on 275 drag radials which was like pissing in the wind. This was the first time I got the car to hook. Running 4.5lbs of boost and 19 degrees of timing. Ive street tuned the car to 13psi and hope to get back out come spring time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrE9qC1mIY
    cool vid, thanks for sharing.

I've got an '05 that I'm tinkering with - rear suspension work last winter, gears and differential swap this fall, front suspension and 1-pc driveshaft this winter.

My car is nowhere near the level of yours, but it's still a blast to hit the track!

ive yet to get to a track but TOD is a blast.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

50 mph sustained winds, 15' visibility, rime building up all over our left sides and any and all exposed metal... finally had to turn around 500' from the summit, when the temp shot up and slabs started sheering off around our feet..

My young partner... this was his second attempt at a major glaciated peak. Poor SOB. Note the 1/2" thick case of ice on his helmet and headlamp..

I guess all I'm "showing off" is our capacity for suck, with this one..

Still haven't gotten to the top of anything yet, early in this 12/13 climbing season. The weather has sucked!
    They once called me bkb0000...

The weather does look a bit sporty in that picture.

But it also looks like you were having a blast.

You will get there Ben, try, try again. Success does not come to the faint of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by lindertw View Post
    cool vid, thanks for sharing.

I've got an '05 that I'm tinkering with - rear suspension work last winter, gears and differential swap this fall, front suspension and 1-pc driveshaft this winter.

My car is nowhere near the level of yours, but it's still a blast to hit the track!

Nice car. Late model mustangs are a great platform. I have this habit of making my project cars loud, hot, and generally useless for anything other than whacking the gas pedal.....but I do love driving it. Its still got plates, insurance and gets driven to work every now and then.

Having found one for a price that was irresistible, I treated myself to a 1978 vintage Dan Wesson 15-2.

And because I wanted it to be both awesome and hilariously impractical, I also ordered an extra heavy 6" barrel shroud from EWK Arms.

It weighs almost 4lbs with the heavy barrel shroud but I'm looking forward to comically low amounts of recoil due to the weight of the gun. After nothing but "practical" gun purchases, this gun's justification is nothing more than fun.

My new Limited Edition Sig Mk25 226.

Amazingly, I am actually impressed by the details and aesthetics. It also cost the retail price of a Mk25 at the LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    My new Limited Edition Sig Mk25 226.

Amazingly, I am actually impressed by the details and aesthetics. It also cost the retail price of a Mk25 at the LGS.

Haven't seen that one before, and you got it at std price? Nicely done.

User Tag List