Page 12 of 226 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Shot a 6” Model 17 in a steel plate .22 “man-on-man” match. There was only one other shooter with open sights. So I only shot against him. Six plates, a miss for me meant reloading. I had the only revolver.

First match was “six and out”. I won a couple strings, but I lost, 6-2-1. Second match was “four and out”, lost 4-1.

Lot of fun was had.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

USP9C v7 LEM
    Aguila 147

10 pin match

Cap limited to 10 in gun at a time. A miss would require a slide lock reload leading to a loss, more than likely, depending on pairing. 8 yards, pins set at 3 levels on pallet edge, with red stop pin placed top center.

These pin matches have the shooters draw a number to determine who they pair against for time. So far, I have won all my pairings, and fastest overall time with the exception of one week in which I was beat by .18. Well, this week the two fastest shooters drew each other's number. I managed to lay down a cold, clean run of 6.71, and my opponent shot a 7.12 with a Shadow. With this league, you can shoot as many runs as you want to pay for at $5 each. We had an agreement that only our first 3 could count. Our remaining runs were best described as dumpster fires, as we were trying to get sub 6.

If all goes well next week, I should win the league with my carry gun, which makes me happy.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Shot the G45 MOS for the first time. First time on a RDS equipped pistol too. Only had time for a couple hundred rounds, but was really impressed. I found it pretty easy to pick up the red dot and did some shooting at speed. I think I'm hooked.
    What dot were you using? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but I've found running the Primary Arms Aimpoint-ish dot on my 22/45 when I'm shooting the plate rack at the club almost feels like cheating...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What dot were you using? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but I've found running the Primary Arms Aimpoint-ish dot on my 22/45 when I'm shooting the plate rack at the club almost feels like cheating...
    Trijicon RMR. It did feel like cheating. Ha!

In addition to the above mentioned 22/45, these were shot a couple of weeks ago:

AA .22 upper on a stock Rock Island frame

S&W Model 63

GP100 #2 surrounded by 100 .38 Special cases
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Got the T-2 zeroed in for this weekends match.

No pictures

Today's session:

1. Easy warmup with some draws and pairs at 10 yards.

2. 13 reps of position entry easy L to R and 13 R to L. Start facing 90 deg from target 10 yards offset, target is 10 yds downrange. At beep sprint to position in front of target, enter position, two rounds. 50% of starts were holstered, 50% gun in strong hand as if departing a shooting position. Good workout, I learned some things about how to get the gun ready as I'm slowing down and that a tenth or so making sure grip is solid is worth more A's (slower time better HF). I'd say my average time for this drill was in the 4.5 - 4.6 sec range with splits in the .25 range when I nailed the grip.

3. 10 reps shooting on the move 90 deg to target L to R and 10 more R to L. Target 7 yards downrange, start position 7 yards offset. Learned how much I have to straighten my left (non-dominant) arm to keep from dragging shots left out of the A zone particularly when SOTM left to right. Surprised myself with how fast I could shoot while moving (sub .2 splits) when the draw and grip were right.

P-09 drawn from USPSA rig (DAA double belt, DAA Racer mag pouches, Comp-Tac International on BOSS hanger), 100 rounds expended.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-17-2019 at 06:54 PM.

I shot a giant freaking rat in the parking lot at work with the boss's new pellet gun.

Sweet baby Harambe, that thing was huge! I thought it was a young coyote when we first saw it. I wish I had thought to get a picture of it.

double tap
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-17-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Yesterday, 225 rounds with the double of my carry weapon, the px4 cc, indoor range.

Today, pressed for time, managed 251 rounds shooting steel with the elite LTT at the gun club. 200 of it was this blazer 147 flat point fmj. First time I’ve tried 147 in this weapon; I got it to try with bowling pins. It functions fine, just not sure how I feel about it yet.

Name:  345F658B-70B1-466A-BA9A-88F1512D6F75.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  82.6 KB
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-19-2019 at 01:06 AM.

User Tag List