Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Barr appoints special prosecutor to investigate Russia probe origins

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The battle of tribal anus warriors. The maturity level of a middle school kid fight.

It's another stirring up of the true believers that both sides are doing. Here's the solution: 1. You won't impeach Donald - vote him out. 2. You love Donald - keep him around and busting some leaker won't make the market go up.

The country has real problems and the partisan fighting (send a check) is doing nothing. Move on. True believers get their pants wet watching Fox News or MSNBC. Good for you.
    QFP

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Barr to Trump: "By your command."

Which is as it should be with the Executive branch of our government.

All presidents―like 'em or not―rightly exert that power over the AG.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 05-14-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The battle of tribal anus warriors. The maturity level of a middle school kid fight.

It's another stirring up of the true believers that both sides are doing. Here's the solution: 1. You won't impeach Donald - vote him out. 2. You love Donald - keep him around and busting some leaker won't make the market go up.

The country has real problems and the partisan fighting (send a check) is doing nothing. Move on. True believers get their pants wet watching Fox News or MSNBC. Good for you.
    I can see that you don't understand the depth of the partisan misuse of federal powers here, as I have a hard time believing a conservative/libertarian would countenance said abuse of power.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Well, our elites are deplorable.
    Can Gilbert & Sullivan be far off?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Barr to Trump: "By your command."
    Remind me please, did you get this hot and bothered by Obama's command of Eric Holder's actions?

Que? No?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is a step in the right direction. Ignoring this misuse is not good. Furthermore, some good people have had their lives ruined over this misuse. It's evil and needs to be stopped.
    Correctomundo!

And it matters not to me if Trump appoints an AG with a mandate to seek all the justice possible given the circumstances. If it's done in the name of restoring credibility and accountability to the system, I just don't care about the means by which it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    If it develops that there's fire where the smoke is, and that the FBI put its thumb on the scale of an election, that would be of great concern regardless of party affiliation.

If the FBI is perceived as prone to partisan skullduggery, and not as rock solid neutral, that will be damaging to the country as whole.
    It's almost a certainty that several elements at and near the top echelon of FBI management (hard to call it leadership) conspired against a presidential candidate and later a lawfully elected President.

I have zero doubts about that.

Luckily for FBI agents involved in real law enforcement work, it appears the rot is limited to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This country has become lamentable.
    The good thing about being in the arts, and having lots of friends that are docs, LE, entrepreneurs, musicians, school teachers, martial arts instructors, and brewmasters, etc. is that I believe that our country is still as good as ever.

Our "leadership" pool—in most endeavors—totally blows fat, indolent chimp, however. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Can Gilbert & Sullivan be far off?
    We have the very model of a modern attorney general?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The good thing about being in the arts, and having lots of friends that are docs, LE, entrepreneurs, musicians, school teachers, martial arts instructors, and brewmasters, etc. is that I believe that our country is still as good as ever.
    Absoutely.

It is only when one examines the rarified environment of the 'elites', especially in academia, that we see stupidity that knows no bounds.

Down here, at ''ground level'' where the ''ordinary average guys'' dwell, there are many good souls.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List