Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where To Aim

Where To Aim

If you had to make a split second shot on either of these dudes where would you aim? Distance is 10 yards...

Name:  usv-17_n.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  usv-3_n.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  19.1 KB
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 06-04-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Based on the "size" of the assailant in the frame of the photo, it seems as though the distance between me and them is just about contact distance. If the gun was already in my hand/hands, I'd probably be going for the head shot. If the gun wasn't in my hands going hands on enough to redirect and either disarm/make a contact shot could be an option?
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Distance is 10 yards...

Site Supporter
    10 yards = Face or the triangle being formed by the neck, arm, shoulder. Think the area between the mid-clavicular line and the suprasternal notch. I'd want to move some too. Especially on handgun guy. Rule 4 and all.
    Last edited by Jason M; 06-04-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

The bridge of the nose. Like the old saying "shot him right between the eyes".
    I would not aim for the pelvic/abdomen area.

In reality at ten yards I would probably be hauling ass in another direction. Not drawing and shooting until I found some cover.
    If I had to "stand and deliver" the bridge of the nose.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 06-04-2023 at 11:10 AM.

What about the LEO’s here, what if this were a defensive reactionary OIS with your pistol?

Center mass

The downrange hazard is severe, so is the uprange behind you.
    This is one of those nightmare scenarios where you get shot, some innocent behind you gets shot, you shoot some innocent behind the bad guy, and the bad guy might skip away clean.
    Then you are crippled, lose your livelihood and live with the guilt of striking an innocent bystander and letting another get hit by the perp...because you weren't alert enough, ruthless enough or good enough...
    Uh, I think I'm gonna go dryfire the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What about the LEO’s here, what if this were a defensive reactionary OIS with your pistol?
    Based on all of the force on force reps I've done I can not ever remember instinctually aiming anywhere other than center mass unless a hostage/hostage taker was at play when using a pistol.

Not a professional, but head shots might reduce down range bystander issues, based on presented photos. COM is an option, and a lot bigger target to hit. You may injure their arms, even if you don't make it to the vitals. I hope my gun is in hand already, because if not, I'm a dead man.

This is also why I like loads that penetrate on the deeper end of the FBI standards.

User Tag List