Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    What is the difference between this and the "25 cent trigger job"?
    Alright, so I fear I've come off like an ass with my other posts so I'll try to answer the original question.

I have tried to polish my own trigger bars and connectors with a Dremel but have had limited success. Honestly, I don't really feel the difference was worth my time.

Now, fast forward to me getting my first kit from GT.com. It was a Challenger Kit. Here's the descrip.
    The “CHALLENGER” is the tool you need at your next IDPA or USPSA match. There are no external modifications to this trigger. You will get a clean light trigger break and the short reset will help your follow up shots hit their mark. Let the trigger teach you, as you get the feedback you need to sharpen your trigger control skills.

The over-travel can be adjusted with the hex key provided. Just shoot and enjoy what a precision trigger can do for your game. APPROVED by USPSA and IDPA. For use in USPSA / Production and IDPA / SSP Divisions.

Includes:
    •Smooth Trigger w/ Trigger Bar / Factory polished
    •Trigger Housing w/ Ejector (adjustable over-travel) / Factory modified
    •3.5 lb. connector
    •Trigger spring
    •Firing Pin spring / reduced power
    •Firing pin safety spring / reduced power
    •Extra spring cups
    •Hex wrench / over-travel adjustment
    Our Price ..........$134.95
    I can really feel the difference between this kit and what I did myself. The polishing made for really smooth contact surfaces. The result of this and the reduced power springs really gave me a great feeling, lighter trigger. It's not something I would carry but it is great for IDPA. I really dig the adjustable OT as well, although I've never actually adjusted it. It was perfect for my liking how it came out of the package.

Is the kit I am using for IDPA worth $135? To me I'd answer a YES wholeheartedly. I think spending $150 on something as integral as a GLOCK trigger kit is well worth it, especially when compared with a $2,000 AR setup in my safe that I'd probably never use for anything except talking about on the Internet. It also gets more play than a $200 bag for said carbine just because that's what the most popular on site X or a certain brand of jacket that.

The other kit I have is the Guardian kit. The difference in that one is not nearly as noticeable as the Challenger. However, it's still very nice.

Again, my apologies if I came across like a dick earlier. It's been a rouch couple of days.
    Last edited by VolGrad; 12-21-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: again, spelling

So, does the trigger really get rid of the rolling break and change it to a more 1911-y feel?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    So, does the trigger really get rid of the rolling break and change it to a more 1911-y feel?
    Other reports indicate that it is nothing special, or even superior to a polished (-) connector.

I hate to say it but I am wondering if people dumping money into their M&P's started a trend.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Alright, so I fear I've come off like an ass with my other posts so I'll try to answer the original question.

I have tried to polish my own trigger bars and connectors with a Dremel but have had limited success. Honestly, I don't really feel the difference was worth my time.

Now, fast forward to me getting my first kit from GT.com. It was a Challenger Kit. Here's the descrip.

I can really feel the difference between this kit and what I did myself. The polishing made for really smooth contact surfaces. The result of this and the reduced power springs really gave me a great feeling, lighter trigger. It's not something I would carry but it is great for IDPA. I really dig the adjustable OT as well, although I've never actually adjusted it. It was perfect for my liking how it came out of the package.

Is the kit I am using for IDPA worth $135? To me I'd answer a YES wholeheartedly. I think spending $150 on something as integral as a GLOCK trigger kit is well worth it, especially when compared with a $2,000 AR setup in my safe that I'd probably never use for anything except talking about on the Internet. It also gets more play than a $200 bag for said carbine just because that's what the most popular on site X or a certain brand of jacket that.

The other kit I have is the Guardian kit. The difference in that one is not nearly as noticeable as the Challenger. However, it's still very nice.

Again, my apologies if I came across like a dick earlier. It's been a rouch couple of days.
    This was probably the most informative reply so far.

With this in mind, I want to give this trigger kit a try...but $160 in parts is hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Keep in mind I've never tried the SKIMMER. I knew he had something going with Haley but didn't know what it was or when it was coming. I hadn't heard the name of the kit either.

My Challenger kit doesn't have quite as much take-up but still has some. It isn't as mushy as my other GLOCKs either. I would say it's somewhere in between a rolling break and a 1911 hard break.

I have personally refered to this kit as more 1911 like but that comparison would be lost on this crowd given the skill level. It is a better descrip though when I'm speaking to folks not as learned as this crowd.

A parts kit like that can be a good option for folks who don't know the parts catalog backwards and haven't memorized what works with that. It's frustrating to get halfway though a part swap and realize that you should've ordered the other spring/pin/whatever. For some folks a complete, tested kit does have value beyond the individual part costs.

Is it worth the asking price? That's up to the individual.

…Seriously, who wants to be the pistol-forum guinea pig…anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng View Post
    …Seriously, who wants to be the pistol-forum guinea pig…anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller.
    Send it my way.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Send it my way.
    I just ordered one.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I have the GEN4 model, but it's just the trigger housing that's different so it's not really a big deal. I'll just swap the ejector (same one as OEM), connector, and trigger spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    I'll just swap the ejector ..
    The ejector isn't intended to be separated from the trigger housing. Is that what you meant to type?

I've been thinking about how to describe the trigger feel some more and can't think of a better way to describe it. It does still "roll" as caleb asked but the break is still very crisp and the reset is very positive.

As far as the cost of the kit ....

I would say this ... it would probably be cheaper for any of us to make our own kydex holsters too but most of us don't want to deal with buying the kydex, making a press, buying any cutting or sanding/smoothing tools required, ordering the hardware, buying a rivet gun or clamp or whatever it is you put rivets in with, etc. You get my point. Most of us don't want to go through the research, trial & error, etc. and would rather just log on to our favorite holster makers website, put in our CC number, then wait MONTHS for it to arrive.

User Tag List