Thread: Beretta 92 locking block 101 needed

Beretta 92 locking block 101 needed

This is certainly a “I don’t know what I don’t know” area.

I think I should probably get a couple to have on hand but should I get complete kits (which are unobtainium right now) or am I good just picking up individual blocks as I find them and rounding up the rest of the kit the same way?

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    This is certainly a “I don’t know what I don’t know” area.

I think I should probably get a couple to have on hand but should I get complete kits (which are unobtainium right now) or am I good just picking up individual blocks as I find them and rounding up the rest of the kit the same way?

Thanks!
    Been looking for a locking block kit for over a year. Let me know if you find any, lol.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Now that the .mil contract is fulfilled, maybe there will be a flood of them. 2-for-1 by Black Friday.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I wonder how long Beretta is on the hook for support and spares and are those numbers already fulfilled (or at least close to it)?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Numrich has a new locking block kit for $58.59 and a used kit for $53.19.

I've been on the email list for Beretta to notify when they 3rd gen its are back in stock since February.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I just looked, those look like just the block.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    is this what the "kit" consists of? Not sure if you really need the plunger and pin unless your 92 is very old (1st gen blocks weren't compatible with the new plunger design). The block can easily be removed and replaced without touching them. The primary failure point is right where the "wing" meets the main body of the block.

I have a couple of high round count 92s that I shot in IDPA/USPSA a lot and never had a block breakage. It's very important to replace the recoil spring every 5000 rounds. Otherwise the block will batter itself and fail early. I've broken more trigger return springs than locking blocks.

I don't have anything that could be considered a high volume shooter but I don't think picking up a couple of spares for later on down the road is a bad thing. If my grand kids have to figure out what to do with them when I'm gone, that's fine by me.

Key spares for the 92 would be plenty of extra recoil springs and trigger return springs. Wilson Combat makes an improved TRS that should have a longer life than the factory spring. I think I've broken two factory ones, all around 9-10k rounds.

Definitely keep a spare locking block or two, but no need to wait for the kit to come into stock if you can source individual blocks cheaper.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...oductinfo/750/

User Tag List