Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" has been attributed to various cultures over the past several hundred years. I think that sums up pretty well who we are as a species.
    Truth.

Although in today’s uber-fast paced world, the more evolved and flexible of us have discovered that it’s pretty damn tasty served up piping fresh hot too.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    You've heard of Irish Alzheimer's... that's where you forget everything except your grudges.

Not just them, though. We used to joke that my dad won the gold medal in grudge-holding in the 1948 Olympics. To the day he died, he wouldn't give a penny to the Red Cross, because when he was in the Army and teaching at a demining school in Texas, he was dating a Donut Dolly. When her bosses learned of the affair, they sent her home, because it was forbidden for their girls to date enlisted men, but it was permitted to date officers.

So a few years ago, the Red Cross called my sister and asked for a donation. She told them "we don't give to the Red Cross." The telemarketer asked why and my sister told the story. The telemarketer said: "Wow, you people really know how to hold a grudge."
    My wife’s grandpa had some beef with the Red Cross that dated back to WWII. My father-in-law had some issue with them that stemmed from his experience assisting with the Xenia tornado aftermath in the 70 s. If I ever heard the details of either, I’ve forgotten them.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There are people in southeastern New England who still have a grudge against the Red Cross for the Hurricane of 1938.
    The Red Cross came into town after the hurricane and sold coffee and donuts for a quarter. There were a lot of survivors who escaped their homes with just the close on their back‘s, and they didn’t have cash money for coffee and donuts. They weren’t very happy. The grudge is in its second and third generations.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Lots of family "issues", check. About to get jammed up for having his hand in the cookie jar at work, check. Was his shooting a botched attempt at self-selection vs an attempted hit? Now off to rehab...
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

It just got even more weird. The dad that was shot on the side of the road suffered only a "superficial wound" and has voluntarily entered rehab. Furthermore, he's been pushed out of his law firm after more than one million dollars came up missing.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/...254047938.html

Around 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Alex Murdaugh, 53, was shot in the head on the side of Old Salkehatchie Road in Hampton County. His lawyer, Jim Griffin, said Murdaugh had pulled off the road because of car trouble when a truck with two people in it drove past, turned around, and then came back and someone in it shot him. Griffin said Murdaugh’s brother, Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh IV, had told Griffin the information.

Alex Murdaugh called 911 himself, according to a S.C. Law Enforcement Division news release, and was airlifted to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah after receiving “a superficial gunshot wound to the head.”

A statement from the family was released soon after saying, “The Murdaugh family has suffered through more than any one family can ever imagine. We expect Alex to recover and ask for your privacy while he recovers.”

On Monday, the saga continued after Alex Murdaugh announced he was resigning from the family’s storied law firm and entering rehab.

In a statement, he said Paul and Maggie’s murders have caused “an incredibly difficult time” in his life.

In a statement to The Island Packet, PMPED confirmed that Alex Murdaugh resigned Friday after the firm accused him of misappropriating funds and he was no longer associated with the firm “in any manner.”

Sources in the legal community familiar with the cases suspected the amount of money to be a lot, one saying it was more than $1 million.

“This is disappointing news for all of us,” the statement said. “Rest assured that our firm will deal with this in a straightforward manner. There’s no place in our firm for such behavior.”

A forensic accounting firm will investigate the missing funds, and PMPED said it notified law enforcement and the S.C. Bar Association.

Griffin, Alex Murdaugh’s lawyer, said Monday night that his client had been released from the Savannah hospital and entered a rehabilitation facility for treatment for substance abuse.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud

Rednecks are quick to anger, prone to violence, and immune to remorse. It’s in our Scots-Irish blood.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Not to mention, Scots-Irish once crossed will wait years if need be to exact revenge.
    The Irish have a better PR machine, but they've got nothing on Okies, white trash Texans, Cajuns, Eastern Europeans, and Ze fucking Germans.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There are people in southeastern New England who still have a grudge against the Red Cross for the Hurricane of 1938.
    The Red Cross came into town after the hurricane and sold coffee and donuts for a quarter. There were a lot of survivors who escaped their homes with just the close on their back‘s, and they didn’t have cash money for coffee and donuts. They weren’t very happy. The grudge is in its second and third generations.
    This is a story told to me by my father and that grudge remains a family tradition to some degree.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    On the other side of the coin, I once knew a woman who was a disaster volunteer with the Red Cross. She came back from a month working the aftereffects of Hurricane Andrew and told the Red Cross that she quit. She said that Floridians were assholes and that there were times that she wished that she had brought her gun with her.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I wouldn't discount the possibility this is some sort of domestic issue. Personally, I tend to think it is more than likely. Lots of speculation in those articles, and the media is going to media. While it would make for a great classic revenge novel/movie, in my experience these speculations are generally the stuff of pulp fiction.
    Did I win the thread

The dad “was shot,” or, perhaps, he shot himself?
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List