Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Anyone have any input on Crux?
    Looks like they are having some issues, probably avoid until the get everything worked out.

https://tacticalgunreview.com/crux-suppressors-sold/

Any thoughts on the Griffin Explorr?

I know everyone loves to hate them but they've been around a while and the specs look right.

If YHM would make a resonator K this decision would be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    • Hard use cans, the Energetic Vox-S is the clear leader with the YHM Resonator and Dead Air Sandman-K tied for second.
    • Precision: Thunder Beast.
    • Multi-use silencers, the Dead Air Nomad and the SilencerCo Omega are tied for the lead.
    Curious as to why the Sandman-K wouldn't make your list of "multi-use"?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    IThe gold standard for precision is Thunderbeast Arms or “TBAC”. An emerging standard for mounting options (I’m probably not getting this exactly right) is the Silencerco thread pattern where you can use Silencerco mounts, DA mounts (vastly superior to SiCo mounts), and even direct thread.
    I'm interested in hearing more about this. Anyone have a link to a youtube or other resource that covers this universal mount?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Curious as to why the Sandman-K wouldn't make your list of "multi-use"?
    Looking back at your original post, silencers in group 2 can also be considered for group 3. Group 3 are made from lighter materials and generally not recommended for high firing schedule machine gun use, though most will hold up fine to some machine gun use, a few mag dumps back to back for example. Another item I forgot to mention is my list is based on my sales for this year.

I'm interested in hearing more about this. Anyone have a link to a youtube or other resource that covers this universal mount?
    1.375x24 has become the de facto standard for rifle silencer mounts.

A little background: Dead Air was formed by former SilencerCo owners and staff. The Dead Air Keymount is considered superior to the SilencerCo ASR mounting systems. Dead Air introduced the KeyMo adapter that allows the SilencerCo Omega to use Dead Air brakes and flash hiders. Consumers latched on to the concept of being able to use the mount of their choice.

Other manufacturers (YHM, Q, Griffin , etc) recognized this and now make mounts that can be used on the Omega. Further, new silencer companies saw an opportunity to use a highly regarded mount instead of designing and manufacturing their own. Energetic Arms Vox, Dead Air Nomad, Rex Silentium, KG Made, RMS2 and the YHM Turbo K (I may be missing a few) all use the same thread specifications as the Omega. For the consumers that are focusing on light weight, we make a titanium direct thread adapter. I expect to see more than a few new silencers at SHOT 2020 using this mounting pattern.

This trend is also starting to emerge for handgun/PCC/subguns. Rugged (also former SilencerCo staff/partner) and Griffin handgun silencers use the same thread pattern as the SilencerCo Octane and Omega K series. I am hearing rumors new handgun designs by other companies are considering the use of this pattern.

A by-product of this is the form 1 DIY community now have a wide selection of mounts they can use for their home builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    1.375x24 has become the de facto standard for rifle silencer mounts.

A little background: Dead Air was formed by former SilencerCo owners and staff. The Dead Air Keymount is considered superior to the SilencerCo ASR mounting systems. Dead Air introduced the KeyMo adapter that allows the SilencerCo Omega to use Dead Air brakes and flash hiders. Consumers latched on to the concept of being able to use the mount of their choice.

Other manufacturers (YHM, Q, Griffin , etc) recognized this and now make mounts that can be used on the Omega. Further, new silencer companies saw an opportunity to use a highly regarded mount instead of designing and manufacturing their own. Energetic Arms Vox, Dead Air Nomad, Rex Silentium, KG Made, RMS2 and the YHM Turbo K (I may be missing a few) all use the same thread specifications as the Omega. For the consumers that are focusing on light weight, we make a titanium direct thread adapter. I expect to see more than a few new silencers at SHOT 2020 using this mounting pattern.

This trend is also starting to emerge for handgun/PCC/subguns. Rugged (also former SilencerCo staff/partner) and Griffin handgun silencers use the same thread pattern as the SilencerCo Octane and Omega K series. I am hearing rumors new handgun designs by other companies are considering the use of this pattern.

A by-product of this is the form 1 DIY community now have a wide selection of mounts they can use for their home builds.
    So basically various manufacturers are making rear caps that adapt from the ID threads of their tube to the OD threads of the KeyMo flash hiders and brakes? And in some cases, they are simply making the ID threads at the rear of their tube match the Omega so they can just use the existing adapter to mount to KeyMo?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Any thoughts on the Griffin Explorr?

I know everyone loves to hate them but they've been around a while and the specs look right.

If YHM would make a resonator K this decision would be a lot easier.
    I don't like Griffin as a company. The Energetic Vox is a very tough and light .30 can.
    #RESIST

So basically various manufacturers are making rear caps that adapt from the ID threads of their tube to the OD threads of the KeyMo flash hiders and brakes? And in some cases, they are simply making the ID threads at the rear of their tube match the Omega so they can just use the existing adapter to mount to KeyMo?
    More like your second example. See https://youtu.be/dWIBE7lvJxU start at :52.

On paper, the Thunderbeast Arms Ultra 7 seems like a good set of specs. Am I correct in assuming that this would not be considered a "hard use" can due to the materials?

It seems to tick a lot of boxes, and my days of worrying about firing hundreds or thousands of rounds through an AR in a day (suppressed or otherwise) are probably behind me.

any compatibility with the KeyMo mounts?

User Tag List