Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I always thought their coffee somewhat overrated when I was in New Orleans. I can't remember if we bought it at home or not.
    They’re famous for chicory coffee, which is an acquired taste. Their French is non-chic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    They’re famous for chicory coffee, which is an acquired taste..
    Chicory is fine if your under Union Blockade and can’t get actual coffe, but last I heard the blockade ended over 150 years ago.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Chicory is fine if your under Union Blockade and can’t get actual coffe, but last I heard the blockade ended over 150 years ago.
    This just brought to mind when I was climbing in the Wind Rivers for five weeks and we ran out of dip (Copenhagen). I'd use coffee grounds between cheek and gum all day and couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep at night.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    They’re famous for chicory coffee, which is an acquired taste. Their French is non-chic.
    Long ago we liked the Community Chicory blend.... I think they called it New Orleans Blend, but, maybe not.

These days we like the Sumatran stuff, from Sprouts, espresso grind, brewed in a Bialetti. I take it straight from the pot with a bit of sweetener, sometimes a dollop of half n half. Wife makes Americano out of it. Both happy.

I was on the road a few months ago and came up 2 days short on espresso for my travel size Bialetti. After turning down the hoidy-crafty stuff at Whole Foods, I stopped by a Food Lion and picked up a brick of Cafe Bustelo Espresso. If you like STRONG espresso, you'll like this stuff. Definitely what I would call a "Latin Roast". Very Cuban/Puerto Rican, IMO. I liked it a lot. Too strong for WifeGBiv. And bonus... It's cheap.
    https://www.cafebustelo.com/en/coffe...so-style-brick
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Long ago we liked the Community Chicory blend.... I think they called it New Orleans Blend, but, maybe not.

These days we like the Sumatran stuff, from Sprouts, espresso grind, brewed in a Bialetti. I take it straight from the pot with a bit of sweetener, sometimes a dollop of half n half. Wife makes Americano out of it. Both happy.

I was on the road a few months ago and came up 2 days short on espresso for my travel size Bialetti. After turning down the hoidy-crafty stuff at Whole Foods, I stopped by a Food Lion and picked up a brick of Cafe Bustelo Espresso. If you like STRONG espresso, you'll like this stuff. Definitely what I would call a "Latin Roast". Very Cuban/Puerto Rican, IMO. I liked it a lot. Too strong for WifeGBiv. And bonus... It's cheap.
    https://www.cafebustelo.com/en/coffe...so-style-brick
    A mi me gusta mucho. Bustelo is some good shit.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Fuck dude, from here it looks like it's just starting.

Site Supporter
    I never really got into the coffee scene. At work, we had one of those capsule machines with flavor combos that were not appealing. I drink NESCAFÉ CLASICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee. I also put a teaspoon of dark chocolate cocoa in the cup and just hot water. Works for me.

Site Supporter
    In a world with Diet Coke, why do you need coffee?

Coffee is something I can only drink if I’m really cold. Some of my favorite coffee is basically a small step above cheap gas station stuff.

I did enjoy going to a Mexican restaurant in the past that would give me coffee and sweat bread before my meal came out.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    A mi me gusta mucho. Bustelo is some good shit.
    Bustelo makes a good cheap Nepresso capsule, though Amazon availability goes in and out.

Instant bustelo and milk is good in the afternoon.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What kind of mug are you looking for. Standard ceramic or a insulated travel mug?
    Ceramic.

I'll post pictures for reference later today.

User Tag List