Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture Goes Conservative: Black Rifle Coffee Company

Folger's "Black Silk" was decent when we last had it years back. They had another dark roast but I don't remember what it was called. I can't think of any of the other common household brands which were okay.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Try coffee ice cream.
    There was an extensive period in college where my diet was pretty much Honeycombs and Hagen-Das coffee.

There is a chocolate shop in KC called Christopher Elbow, and for a while they were making ice cream. They had a very dark, unsweet chocolate with a healthy dose of capsicum, not sure which pepper.

One day I stopped in there and had that as an affogato, double espresso dumped over a small scoop.

I am still not sure, and this is like ten years later, that I've ever had anything that good that was coffee-related, and I'm typing that /while drinking/ a pour-over made with my spec beans roasted to my spec three days ago and hand ground ten minutes ago.

It has never even briefly occured to me to drink BRC. I do like Yuban quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Folger's "Black Silk" was decent when we last had it years back. They had another dark roast but I don't remember what it was called. I can't think of any of the other common household brands which were okay.
    Cafe du Monde makes a french roast that's really, really good. Comes in a blue can, try some. It's grocery store typical.

Site Supporter
    Folgers used to do a 100% Colombian whole bean medium roast that was fantastic. Their 1850 blends aren’t bad either.

I’m sure their politics are horrible but the Peet’s Coffee Major Dickenson’s blend is the best whole bean coffee I’ve been able to find in a local box store and is better than a lot of the small batch stuff local roasters do. I’ve never gotten a bag that was stale or bad.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Try coffee ice cream.
    Tillamook has a pretty good one.

My old boss used to buy Black Silk and their Gourmet Supreme. That may be the one you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Cafe du Monde makes a french roast that's really, really good. Comes in a blue can, try some. It's grocery store typical.
    I always thought their coffee somewhat overrated when I was in New Orleans. I can't remember if we bought it at home or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'll bite, it's not that expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Cafe-Du-Monde...dp/B004H4SHUA/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My old boss used to buy Black Silk and their Gourmet Supreme. That may be the one you're thinking of.
    I think that's the one...as far as I can recall. I just didn't want to post it and be in error.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I bet this is something you could have done on Etsy. There's some 2A friendly artisans there....I even got spent cases turned into cufflinks for my groomsmen.
    You had that brass turned into man-ccessories, in this ammo pricing environment, instead of reloading?

You sir, are a savage.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List