Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Daylight Saving Time?

I work night shift so I don't care. Pick one and stay there. And stop calling me during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I’d prefer DST all the time. I prefer driving in to work in dark, rather than the sun blaring in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Usually there isn't much complaining in the Fall, because we get an extra hour of sleep. But in the Spring when we lose an hour of sleep...
    As someone who doesn’t sleep worth a damn, I prefer the “spring ahead”. Waking up at 5:00 instead of 4:00 is much more appealing than waking at 3:00.

What are we in now? Standard oR DST? Whatever it is, I don’t like this one, I like the other one where there’s more daylight at the end of the day.

I’d have fuckin voted for Biden if he’d have guaranteed that he would implement that.

I’d rather keep switching if whatever we’re in now was to become the setting forever.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Wait until you get old and wake up at 5am. Standard time all year for me please.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I used to live a few miles from the "change/don't change" dividing line and worked on the other side of said dividing line. The television channels were also from that side, so the TV time was not your time and the 6 o'clock news wasn't on at 6 o'clock. And if someone asked you the time you'd have to add the caveat of "fast time" or "slow time", as it was locally referred to (which I thought was unfair since slow time was just as fast as fast time, fast time just got a head start)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Another affirmation for staying with one or the other. I would rather it be Standard Time, personally, but, either way, let us pick one, and stay with it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wait until you get old and wake up at 5am. Standard time all year for me please.
    Dunno if i qualify as old yet, I’ll be 46 before year end, but I get up between 4:30 and 5 almost every day. Once in a blue moon I manage 6 on a weekend.

I’d still rather have the sun later not earlier. I enjoy the dark in the am. ‘Round here it gets light around 7, which is just fine for me. Right now that’s 6, and that just seems uncivilized.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    My wife and I were just discussing last night how this last time change seemed to be harder to adjust to than any we could recall. I also detest 5:30 sunsets. I have never understood the point of it and would just prefer DST year round.
    Polite Professional

I've been saying it for years. Just pick one and stick with it. I don't care which.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

In the morning, I drive in the dark regardless of standard time or DST and I’ve made peace with it. However, driving to and from work in the dark sucks. Makes me feel like a raccoon. I vote permanent DST.

User Tag List