Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Remington V3 Tactical

New Remington V3 Tactical

Curious to hear if anyone has feedback on this new model:
    https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/v3-tactical

Doesn’t seem to be much out there on it yet. Available with XS low-profile rifle sights or vent rib barrel. Oversized bolt release, charging handle, safety, and loading port. From what I’ve read the V3 is a solid performer in the field version of this shotgun.
    Last edited by Xrslug; 08-16-2019 at 10:43 PM.

interesting. Ticks some boxes for me depending on how reliable they are.

I'd still love to have one shotgun I could leave setup for HD when in the safe, and swap out barrel/extension when I want to go shoot clays or (maybe, eventually, possibly) 3-gun. Seems like maybe with the existance of this gun, the V3 FIELD SPORT BLACK SYNTHETIC and the V3 COMPETITION TACTICAL that might be close to being a thing?

V3 Field Sport

V3 Tactical

V3 Competition Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    interesting. Ticks some boxes for me depending on how reliable they are.

I'd still love to have one shotgun I could leave setup for HD when in the safe, and swap out barrel/extension when I want to go shoot clays or (maybe, eventually, possibly) 3-gun. Seems like maybe with the existance of this gun, the V3 FIELD SPORT BLACK SYNTHETIC and the V3 COMPETITION TACTICAL that might be close to being a thing?

V3 Competition Tactical
    That 22" model could be a decent all around option if your clay shooting is just for fun. I shot a 10-week sporting clays fun league with a 21" Benelli and scored the same as shooting my 32" o/u. In a tournament setting with more advanced target presentations a longer barrel has some advantages. To make the 22" barrel swing smoother you can add some weight either inside the mag extension or attached to the extension clamp. Spend some time on a pattern board to figure out your choke needs and go break some clays.

If this uses the same gas system as the versa max then it’s good to go. I have a versa max that I’ve been duck hunting and random clay shooting with for about 7-8 years now and it has been drop dead reliable and it’s been run hard in harsh conditions. Outperformed my friends super black eagle by a long shot. Cycles anything even the cheap bulk low brass loads.
    Last edited by Sevenpt62; 08-18-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenpt62 View Post
    If this uses the same gas system as the versa max then it’s good to go. I have a versa max that I’ve been duck hunting and random clay shooting with for about 7-8 years now and it has been drop dead reliable and it’s been run hard in harsh conditions. Outperformed my friends super black eagle by a long shot. Cycles anything even the cheap bulk low brass loads.
    I'm no expert, but I'm under the impression that the V3 is intended to be an improvement over the original Versamax design
    https://www.shotgunlife.com/shotguns...semi-auto.html

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I don't think there is a good solution for shortening the LOP on the Remington semi-autos...which is of significant importance in a defensive shotgun unless you are over 6'2" tall.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I don't think there is a good solution for shortening the LOP on the Remington semi-autos...which is of significant importance in a defensive shotgun unless you are over 6'2" tall.
    outside of the enthusiast market, how much does that *really* matter do you think?

It looks like they made/make a V3 compact? 13" being the shortest LOP.
    https://www.chuckhawks.com/rem_V3_compact.html

It's specs are buried here, showing 13" vs 14.25" for the standard guns.
    https://www.remington.com/shotguns/a...lack-synthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenpt62 View Post
    In that case it would probably be gtg

Further info on the stock front — Remington actually makes a V3 —> 870 adaptor for the Tac13 (the AOW version of the V3), so with one of those pieces, any 870 stock would bolt right up to a V3 with a longer bolt:

https://www.recoilweb.com/remington-...un-148079.html
    Last edited by Xrslug; 08-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.

An SBS version would be nice. Very tempting.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List