Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post

@Hansohn Brothers I wouldn't touch anything YHM with a 10-foot pole... especially if I have to pay for it.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Why?
    To be nice? Shady QA/QC.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

To be nice? Shady QA/QC.
    I know I don’t care about nice. Please elaborate. If you had a bad experience, I at least, would be very interested in the whole story.

Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

To be nice? Shady QA/QC.
    That’s unusual, I haven’t had any quality issues. Can you elaborate exactly what the issue was?
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 08-27-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    I know I don’t care about nice. Please elaborate. If you had a bad experience, I at least, would be very interested in the whole story.
    I don't have one of their suppressors, but I have run into a few of their other products.

Personally, I would not recommend a YHM product to anyone I care about because of their design choices and what I see as QA/QC issues. If a company makes a less-than AR pattern rifle, I am not interested in their suppressors especially in a saturated market.

If you've had awesome experiences with YHM that's awesome. Maybe they have the suppressor game figured out and everyone else just hasn't noticed yet.

I'm just not willing to roll the dice based on what I've seen (and heard) especially with so many other viable and verifiable options out there.

Why risk a possibly janky product when there are known alternatives? It's the American way to just do better.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Site Supporter
    I don't have one of their suppressors, but I have run into a few of their other products.

Personally, I would not recommend a YHM product to anyone I care about because of their design choices and what I see as QA/QC issues. If a company makes a less-than AR pattern rifle, I am not interested in their suppressors especially in a saturated market.

If you've had awesome experiences with YHM that's awesome. Maybe they have the suppressor game figured out and everyone else just hasn't noticed yet.

I'm just not willing to roll the dice based on what I've seen (and heard) especially with so many other viable and verifiable options out there.

Why risk a possibly janky product when there are known alternatives? It's the American way to just do better.
    I mean no offense, but this reads like you're recommending against a Corvette because a friend of yours had a 1995 Cavalier that was a piece of crap, so all things GM suck and it's un-American to buy something inexpensive.

If you have genuine experience of any kind with a YHM Suppressor I'd be interested in hearing it. I have two friends with YHM suppressors, one a 556 Turbo-K that has spent its whole ~6k round count life on an 11.5in AR with a binary trigger, and had no issues. Another with a 5.56 Turbo on a pinned/welded 14.5in M4gery that has seen less vigorous usage, but still has had no issues. No problems with mounts, no problems period beyond the typical gas blowback inherent on DI AR's with suppressors.

Given the $200 tax involved and the wait time, I've noticed that any given company making suppressors tends to pay even more attention to QC/QA vs their Non-NFA accessories, etc.
    Last edited by JRB; 08-28-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Since this thread is about 7.62 suppressors, it'd be great to limit the discussion about a brand to that specific line of products. Or, if one simply can't help oneself, relate specific instances of QA/QC issues with another product or line of products.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Since this thread is about 7.62 suppressors, it'd be great to limit the discussion about a brand to that specific line of products. Or, if one simply can't help oneself, relate specific instances of QA/QC issues with another product or line of products.
    I really hope that YHM releases a Resonator K (.30). Their Turbo K (5.56) is selling like hotcakes and for good reason.
    #RESIST

I have a couple of 7.62 Sakers for over 4 years now and have not experienced any problems to date. Although I will say that after using Surefire suppressors at work, my next one will be a SF.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I have a couple of 7.62 Sakers for over 4 years now and have not experienced any problems to date. Although I will say that after using Surefire suppressors at work, my next one will be a SF.
    I've got two Sakers, they're much better now that I converted them to KeyMo. I thought that the MAAD mounts were fine until they locked up on me. Then SiCo couldn't answer phone nor email from me for months.
    #RESIST

User Tag List