Page 308 of 725 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    All Canons and some HP's + chomebooks... start by shooting the printer. This will save you from the foot injuries I suffered while killing multiple printers. Meanwhile the hp laserjet pro purrs at me from its corner. It knows it is safe.
    My chromebook is the HP product I'm in touch with their tech folks about. I'm not having a printer issue. It's simply a chromebook matter, hardware or software.

(And my laser printer is a Brother which has been awesome for years.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Shelter at home order as of midnight.

Hallelujah. 2 weeks too late.

My blood pressure is already down 30 points. Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Dallas LE announced that they would not be responding to theft calls.
    Wonder what that will mean to crime rates.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

From the G Ellifritz blog comes possibly the best summary of what we know about this pandemic to date. Detailed, and extensively sourced, it’s a good substitute summary of this thread so far. FWIW.

https://www.noonecoming.com/covid19/
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Wife just informed me that our brother-in-law's 1-year old nephew (his sister's child) has it. They are in Houston-area and we anticipate that soon that mom and dad will have it. Brother-in-law's brother will also be next, the BIL's bro's wife has it. They are a fairly tight Muslim family and don't "social distance" well in general, so I'm not surprised.

My wife is upset, because BIL's sister is actually a fairly close friend of our's and currently pregnant (we all went to college together).
    Very sorry to hear that. Wishing them the best and a happy ending (in the conventional sense).

@RevolverRob, sorry to hear that, hoping for the best.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Looks like Glock's conspiracy to cut off SIG's small parts supply chain.
    Post of the day.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not for PPE gear, but I have bought from Cherries Counter-Terror before (their deep concealment holster, twice actually) - Looks like you can contact them via their website: https://www.cherriescounterterror.co...dical-products

They seem to be fairly well respected and the owner is a former Israeli Counter-Terror guy (Aaron Cohen). The deep concealment holster and their customer service have been fine. But I can’t tell you much else.

I went back and checked the email and the links in it do go to Cherries’ website and Instagram, it appears legit as far as I can tell.

Thank you. The image brought back a company from my woodworking days (two cherries chisels). Having never heard of the above, I figured it was safer to ask before forwarding to my family that works for the feds.

Site Supporter
    I have a quality ozone generator that I used to sanitize nicotine/tobacco in a used Ford Explorer we purchased last year. It seems that ozone kills bacteria and viruses as well. Do you think that it can be used to disinfect N95 masks if I were to set up a ‘steamer trunk’ type of a hotbox? We are almost out of masks in the Seattle area.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    So they can still drive or take a boat in and avoid quarantine?
    Probably fly into Atlanta and rent a car.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Is there any data out on hydrogen peroxide vapor effectiveness on the bug? About a decade ago, the lab I was at would spray down the inside of a Tupperware with H2O2, insert whatever components we were bringing into a clean room, put it in the pass through, spray it again. I never saw the data, but 40 minutes later or so, all the microbes inside the Tupperware were allegedly shredded.

The reason I ask is because I'm seeing reports of folks using alcohol to disinfect used masks, and it accelerating break down of the masks.
    H2O2 should shred coronavirus just like it shreds everything else, though I've not seen any studies on it. I know that some of the gas sterilization machines in surgery use H2O2, so I assume that is close to a gold standard. I have a friend who is an EMT and I suggested that he rotate his PPE. After ~3 days most of the virus will be gone. That's not as good as sterilizing something, but decay rates are a real thing. If you only have a few items, you just have to do the best you can.

User Tag List