Page 307 of 725 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Voight-Kampff testing.

Holden : You're in a swamp, walking along a trail, when all of a sudden you look down...

Leon : What one?

Holden : What?

Leon : What swamp?

Holden : It doesn't make any difference what swamp, it's completely hypothetical.

Leon : But, how come I'd be there?

Holden : Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and see a gopher tortoise, Leon. It's crawling toward you...

Leon : Gopher tortoise? What's that?

Holden : [irritated by Leon's interruptions] You know what a turtle is?

Leon : Of course!

Holden : Same thing.

Leon : I've never seen a turtle... But I understand what you mean.

Holden : You reach down and you flip the gopher tortoise over on its back, Leon.

Leon : Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write 'em down for you?

Holden : The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Leon : [angry at the suggestion] What do you mean, I'm not helping?

Holden : I mean: you're not helping! Why is that, Leon?

[Leon has become visibly shaken]

Holden : They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    From the UK:

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Wife just informed me that our brother-in-law's 1-year old nephew (his sister's child) has it. They are in Houston-area and we anticipate that soon that mom and dad will have it. Brother-in-law's brother will also be next, the BIL's bro's wife has it. They are a fairly tight Muslim family and don't "social distance" well in general, so I'm not surprised.

My wife is upset, because BIL's sister is actually a fairly close friend of our's and currently pregnant (we all went to college together).

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    From the UK:

Herd immunity isn't work well, eh?

I'm stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    I'm sorry but Windows 98 will not support the drivers for your dot-matrix printer.
    Well, smart guy, the truth is the only Windows machine I own is an XP Pro. Truth.

It's actually a Chromebook I'm trying to sort out. Think it's a hardware issue.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Wife just informed me that our brother-in-law's 1-year old nephew (his sister's child) has it. They are in Houston-area and we anticipate that soon that mom and dad will have it. Brother-in-law's brother will also be next, the BIL's bro's wife has it. They are a fairly tight Muslim family and don't "social distance" well in general, so I'm not surprised.

My wife is upset, because BIL's sister is actually a fairly close friend of our's and currently pregnant (we all went to college together).
    Sorry dude, good luck to them. I have a new born and I've lost sleep about her getting it. She's had a cold for about a week and was wheezing the last couple days. Let me tell you, that sucked. But she seems to be better to day so I'm hoping it was just a cold and she's out of the woods. My wife and son both had a cold and got over it so I'm not super worried, but if I get sent back to the office too soon I'm not going to be happy.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I just heard that Florida has banned (is denying entry) people from NY, NJ & CT.
    I guess my question is - how are they doing that?
    These guys will be meeting the airplanes.

Name:  linz-train-stations.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  10.7 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Interesting article from Dallas Morning News saying that city officials actually have no idea how they're going to enforce the "shelter-in-place" order.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    So if I were in your shoes, I think I would sit my kiddo down and tell her to mentally prepare herself to kiss her stuff goodbye.

Unless she has some gold bullion stashed in her dorm room, it's probably not worth worrying about. If the college shit cans it all, then I'd raise a fuss after all the dust settles and see if they'll cut you a check to make you go away.
    I had that very conversation with my daughter. Needless to say she sure wasn't very receptive to the idea of kissing all her stuff goodbye. Local TV station is reporting a possible closing of the border between CT & NY. So the possibility exists we will not be able to go. Or worse we get stuck somewhere unable to return home.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, smart guy, the truth is the only Windows machine I own is an XP Pro. Truth.

It's actually a Chromebook I'm trying to sort out. Think it's a hardware issue.
    All Canons and some HP's + chomebooks... start by shooting the printer. This will save you from the foot injuries I suffered while killing multiple printers. Meanwhile the hp laserjet pro purrs at me from its corner. It knows it is safe.

User Tag List