Page 305 of 725 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Wait, why not?
    Because being (somewhat) overweight appears to have some benefit on an individual level when facing a critical illness.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think the 2 fellows you are referring to were in the Phillipines. the cards fellow who is recovering is in NYC.

Also just heard Sinai is outta vents...
    my colleagues know the fellow in NYC so i'm not sure about that. no reason we would know about anything in phillipines we are all gringo physicians in massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Do you know anything about this company or have you used them? There is a LOT of spam/scams going around, I have one email that was connected to a forum, that was hacked, and that email received a mask spam, most certainly scam, two days ago.
    Kind of searching this thread, because of a depressed friend.
    Not for PPE gear, but I have bought from Cherries Counter-Terror before (their deep concealment holster, twice actually) - Looks like you can contact them via their website: https://www.cherriescounterterror.co...dical-products

They seem to be fairly well respected and the owner is a former Israeli Counter-Terror guy (Aaron Cohen). The deep concealment holster and their customer service have been fine. But I can’t tell you much else.

I went back and checked the email and the links in it do go to Cherries’ website and Instagram, it appears legit as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    The entire India in lockdown for 21 days...

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...g/74784148.cms
    Looks like Glock's conspiracy to cut off SIG's small parts supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    And HP customer support which I guess I won't be hearing back from anytime soon. (I had been working with someone over there on diagnosing an issue.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Because being (somewhat) overweight appears to have some benefit on an individual level when facing a critical illness.
    That makes an intuitive sense where you can imagine a critical illness puts a lot of strain on a body, a body with more fat reserves has more energy for burning even in a low energy state (I guess think hibernating bears)...that’s just my hypothesis, dunno if it really would work that way.

But what you’re saying is, if I get cancer, I should get real fat right after diagnosis, before I start chemo? Awesome news from (not my) cardiologist!

Gotcha. I had taken it to mean that being on keto meant being more susceptible to catching the virus.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And HP customer support which I guess I won't be hearing back from anytime soon. (I had been working with someone over there on diagnosing an issue.)
    I've been thinking the same. There's actually a lot of tele-outsourcing to India in medical field. I've read reports of institutions contacting Indian radiologists to read their imaging studies and even use Indian docs as virtual scribes. It'll be interesting to see the consequences of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I stand corrected. My daughter just informed me the school is not allowing students back to pick up until April 6. On what "Fing" planet do these people live??????? It's only going to worse then!
    So if I were in your shoes, I think I would sit my kiddo down and tell her to mentally prepare herself to kiss her stuff goodbye.

Unless she has some gold bullion stashed in her dorm room, it's probably not worth worrying about. If the college shit cans it all, then I'd raise a fuss after all the dust settles and see if they'll cut you a check to make you go away.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Name:  067AEA21-DC17-4D20-B601-1B848D841C41.jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  32.4 KB

User Tag List