Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That looks great. Unfortunately JW won't mill MOS slides for any dedicated optic, which flat blows.
    MOS cut is gonna be longer than an optic, leaving an unsupported gap. I wouldn't want to mill an MOS slide.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I had to take my 509T off my Agency G34 because the adjustment bottomed out still being a couple inches high at 15 yards. Put an SRO on there and it’s awesome. I’m not sure if the 509T issue is the optic, the gun, the cut, or the plate as I haven’t tried mounting the optic on anything else yet.

All that to say I run Ameriglo GL429 sets with that AOS and it works fine. I can snap a picture of the optic/plate tomorrow though with the rear sight mounted.

On my G19 Agency Syndicate slide with RMR I can actually get away with my set of Ameriglo Defoor sights just barely peeking over the base.
    That sucks regarding not being able to zero the 509T on the Agency/AOS G34....that is a bit concerning... any thoughts on how to trouble shoot the issue?

I may have to start a new thread regarding regarding 509Ts on AOS systems to see if anyone else is having zeroing issues.

What kind of “cowitness “ did you get with the gl429’s through the 509T regardless of the optic zero issue, and what distance did the gl429’s zero to on your G34? Granted I’d be running a G19 or G17 so those would zero differently on my shorter guns I’m thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    That sucks regarding not being able to zero the 509T on the Agency/AOS G34....that is a bit concerning... any thoughts on how to trouble shoot the issue?

I may have to start a new thread regarding regarding 509Ts on AOS systems to see if anyone else is having zeroing issues.

What kind of “cowitness “ did you get with the gl429’s through the 509T regardless of the optic zero issue, and what distance did the gl429’s zero to on your G34? Granted I’d be running a G19 or G17 so those would zero differently on my shorter guns I’m thinking?
    I have thoughts... The first one is that this is an anecdotal issue and one shouldn’t jump to conclusions based on a single occurrence that hasn’t been fully investigated.

Trouble-shooting consists of putting the optic and/or plate on another gun and seeing what happens. I’m considering putting the 509T on my Agency Syndicate slide to see what happens. Ultimately it could be the optic (I consider most likely), the plate, or the slide.

If it’s the optic, Holosun will warranty it.
    If it’s the plate, Agency will warranty it.
    If it’s the slide... well... It has an SRO on it that works great so I’m not concerned.

I have three Agency AOS cut slides. Two for Glock and one for M&P. I have zero complaints on any of them. My M&P has a 507C, my 34 has an SRO, and my Syndicate G19 has an RMR. Whatever the problem turns out to be, I’m sure it will be fixed. If the 509T works on the Syndcate then I’ll chalk it up to tolerance issues and that will be the end of it.

Here’s two shots of the 509T/AOS plate with the rear sight of the GL-429 set. This hopefully gives an idea of the height.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have thoughts... The first one is that this is an anecdotal issue and one shouldn’t jump to conclusions based on a single occurrence that hasn’t been fully investigated.

Trouble-shooting consists of putting the optic and/or plate on another gun and seeing what happens. I’m considering putting the 509T on my Agency Syndicate slide to see what happens. Ultimately it could be the optic (I consider most likely), the plate, or the slide.

If it’s the optic, Holosun will warranty it.
    If it’s the plate, Agency will warranty it.
    If it’s the slide... well... It has an SRO on it that works great so I’m not concerned.

I have three Agency AOS cut slides. Two for Glock and one for M&P. I have zero complaints on any of them. My M&P has a 507C, my 34 has an SRO, and my Syndicate G19 has an RMR. Whatever the problem turns out to be, I’m sure it will be fixed. If the 509T works on the Syndcate then I’ll chalk it up to tolerance issues and that will be the end of it.
    Thank you very much for your thoughts, I'm totally tracking. Well that's the beauty of the AOS system too, the plate could always be changed for another optic type, or I suppose even to another iteration of the same type if there are issues with a particular plate.

Here’s two shots of the 509T/AOS plate with the rear sight of the GL-429 set. This hopefully gives an idea of the height.
    Great picture, mucho thanks! That seems like a good set up, the sights are out of the way but still seem useable, duly noted. The GL429's are not quite as tall as suppressor sights correct?
    and...I was thinking of going rear sight pre optic, but the rear in front looks pretty good actually..

I recently acquired a G19.5 MOS and based on this thread, was looking at the 508T V2. On Kenzie’s Optics website, they list the 508T V2 as discontinued. Has Holosun made an announcement about this being discontinued? It still shows up on Holosun’s website. They don’t seem to be in stock anywhere, which supports the discontinued notification on Kenzie’s site. Has anyone else heard this news?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I recently acquired a G19.5 MOS and based on this thread, was looking at the 508T V2. On Kenzie’s Optics website, they list the 508T V2 as discontinued. Has Holosun made an announcement about this being discontinued? It still shows up on Holosun’s website. They don’t seem to be in stock anywhere, which supports the discontinued notification on Kenzie’s site. Has anyone else heard this news?
    Never mind. The V2was replaced by the X2 after the dust up with Trijicon.

I spent Sunday morning at the range with my G19/RMR and M&P/507C ACSS setups. Lots of 1 shot draws, first to a 3x5 card at 7 yards, then pushing the speed more for A zone hits. Man I have got a lot to work on, but I have got to say the 507C and ACSS, I’m really digging. Larger window, just use the whole /\ of the chevron as the dot at moderate ranges on A zones. The ring of the reticle definitely gave me some feedback on some shots. I need to clean up my drawstroke. 😬

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...ights/holosun/

Kenzie's restocked their holosun's today, including the 407co which I find to be great for b8's and plates.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List