Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland 637 - new pancake ALS rig

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I’m intrigued. I don’t know much about the ALS system, will an ALS holster for a Glock 17 or 19 work with a 26?
    I’ve used one for both an M&P full size and compact so I would guess the Glock pistols should work like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Not a fan of GLS as a retention device - only as a way of keeping the gun from falling out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m intrigued. I don’t know much about the ALS system, will an ALS holster for a Glock 17 or 19 work with a 26?
    It should.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have used 637x and 737x ALS holsters on high ride belt loops for years, but they aren’t particularly concealable. Each has a 6006 ALS guard installed for added security. They are bulky enough that I’ve had to use the “that’s my insulin pump” line a few times. I usually don’t give a shit because I use them when I’m at my bud’s house down in the ‘hood.

A few months ago Safariland announced the 637, what they are calling a pancake ALS holster:

https://www.safariland.com/products/...model_637.html

I’m still not seeing any fits listed, the Safariland website shows April availability but who knows at this point.

Today I found a listing on a German website that shows this new holster with a 6006 installed, this makes me happy:

https://www.cop-shop.de/en/product/s...ther-look-7251

If anyone sees these go up for ordering, could they please send up a flare? I hope to hell they do a Gen5 19/45 and a Gen5 26 right away.
    I’m very interested in seeing this in person.

Not a fan of GLS as a retention device - only as a way of keeping the gun from falling out.
    Agreed. Anyone in front grabbing for the gun will release the lock without even trying. Had to demonstrate that with a blue gun for some colleagues to believe me.

You know, if they hadn’t pulled a boneheaded move and shut down HolsterOps, we would know a lot more...
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Maybe @P30 or @Luger knows about this website.

I wish I could find an accurate holster fit chart. The last one I looked at on Safariland’s website had an endless list of firearms that worked with this holster. I doubt that’s accurate and I think it’s likely a place holder.

They do with the regular duty holsters , so I would assume so. They light versions will retain the gun without the light attached too.

Jason

Site Supporter
    You know, if they hadn’t pulled a boneheaded move and shut down HolsterOps, we would know a lot more...
    Name:  8D3A25F8-8A7E-4D35-90C2-D1B2890C4D22.jpeg
Views: 774
Size:  98.2 KB

Very intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Maybe @P30 or @Luger knows about this website.
    The Safariland SL637 is our duty holster for concealed carry. Quality seems to be good (but I`m not an expert in holsters), but concealment of my VP9 is poor. I liked the old Bianchi 82 carry lok for the P7 better.

Cop-Shop is a supplier for law enforcement officers and agencies over here. As far as I can judge, the products I ordered over the years where ok. But some are pretty expensive.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

User Tag List