Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: What do you like or hate about (insert brand)'s AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Outside of buying a rifle that doesn't work, it seems pretty hard to go wrong in the AR market these days.
    Generally speaking I've come to the opinion that you can't really go wrong when for most people they might as well have bought an AR-shaped bar of soap for the amount of use it'll get.

The problem today is weeding through all the bullshit. this coating, that "enhanced", this other "mk2"... what a pain. So much analysis paralysis potential out there.

20 years ago once you got your head out of your ass you just needed to go buy a 6920, 6520, or 6933 and you could be done. Throw on a "rail" from Daniel Defense (they had one model) or Larue (them too) and an Aimpoint in a Larue mount and you're ahead of the curve.

ETA:
    Oh, and get off my lawn!
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-02-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    MK2 is BCMÂ’s Mark 2 receiver, which, IIRC, is mostly touted for improved accuracy potential. (Improved stiffness, perhaps?)
    If you're a lefty, the shortened forward assist gives you a noticeable improvement in terms of "room to work" with an ambi charging handle.

Right handed people, of course, won't notice much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    If you're a lefty, the shortened forward assist gives you a noticeable improvement in terms of "room to work" with an ambi charging handle.

Right handed people, of course, won't notice much difference.
    Thanks. I do tend to shoot long weapons* lefty, but have normally run the AR charging handle with my left hand, anyway, kind of like running a lefty bolt-rifle’s bolt, but straight-pull-style, so an “ambidextrous” AR charging handle has been largely irrelevant, even if the weapon has one.

*If a long weapon has a simple shotgun bead, or a set of barrel-mounted rifle sights, I shoot it righty or lefty. An aperture rear sight, or an optic, works better lefty, due to left eye dominance.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I don't like or hate any AR or other gun for that matter. If the gun is reliable and accurate, it's all good to me.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have a hard time keeping track of what's what with "ELWF" and "BFH" and all that. and I can't recall if the Colt barrel on the upper in question is CFH or not (I assume not...)

Frankly all the AR barbie bullshit and people insisting they "need" handguards X long and barrels Y short and all that shit makes me glad my ancient 6520 flattop conversion with DD M4 Picatinny handguard is still sitting in my safe. I can't imagine trying to be a first-time AR buyer in the current market of "gunfighting" and other bullshit.

But I'd probably buy the same one as you. I've been a weight pussy since before it was cool (see above referenced 6520 conversion...)
    Well, I actually had the Colt lightweight midlength in my cart overnight and they sold out. I realized I need one more upper and I am over the pinned 14.5" stuff I bought before I knew better.

This BCM came back in stock so I jumped on it and I think my AR "needs" are pretty well covered. I would have preferred the 13" rail, and fluted barrel, but whatever.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mk2-...=instocknotify

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Well, I actually had the Colt lightweight midlength in my cart overnight and they sold out. I realized I need one more upper and I am over the pinned 14.5" stuff I bought before I knew better.

This BCM came back in stock so I jumped on it and I think my AR "needs" are pretty well covered. I would have preferred the 13" rail, and fluted barrel, but whatever.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mk2-...=instocknotify
    If there was a 16" ELWF with 13" handguard I'd probably have a hard time resisting too.

Good to know the Colt finally sold out
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Hammertime
    If there was a 16" ELWF with 13" handguard I'd probably have a hard time resisting too.

Good to know the Colt finally sold out
    Faaak it’s back. Doubt I can change my order but maybe I will try.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...-13-handguard/

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Faaak it’s back. Doubt I can change my order but maybe I will try.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...-13-handguard/
    What, no MK2?

Hammertime
    What, no MK2?

You are by far the most difficult to please person I have ever run into about a purchase. But yeah, didn’t notice that detail. 😬

They seem to all be coming online now. A week ago I signed up for emails on all the M lock lightweight 16” models.

If I am able to decipher the BCM code and see a Mk2 16” ELWF, 13” handguard, will ping you.

I also found it interesting how $644 turned into $909 after adding a BCG and tax. Dang it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Picking up deals like this BCG for $109 on sale is why my ARs are all built from parts.

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele...-carrier-group

I haven't run it for 10k rounds, but I can say the staking on the gas key looks just like pics posted on this forum of Colt gas key stakes.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List